Nina Towle Herring
T: (205) 271-7197
F: (205) 324-7896
T: (205) 271-7151
By the time she was 5-years-old, Nina Towle Herring had decided to become a lawyer. This prodigious desire to help people through the law began as young Nina watched re-runs of her favorite show, Matlock. This fictional portrayal of a lawyer made quite an impression on her, planting seeds of justice and service in her young mind.
As Nina grew, so did her interest in the history of law. She majored in history at the University of Georgia and studied historic legal victories of the civil rights era, focusing on justice-minded attorneys like Morris Dees and Thurgood Marshall. Then Nina’s childhood dream became reality in 2014. After graduating cum laude from Cumberland School of Law and passing the bar, she began practicing law at Cory Watson.
During her first year of practice, she was a part of the first bellwether trial team for a massive water contamination case out of West Virginia and Ohio. The trial resulted in a $1.6 million verdict for the plaintiff who had developed kidney cancer as a result of her exposure to the toxic water.
Nina continued to work on these types of contamination cases leading to both a $10.5 million verdict (2016) and a $50 million verdict (2020) for clients who had developed cancer as a result of their exposure to toxic water. Nina’s trial experience also includes a $9 million wrongful death verdict (2019) for an Auburn University student who died from a pulmonary embolism linked to birth control medication that she should not have been prescribed and then had her medical condition misdiagnosed.
Nina and her husband enjoy tackling do-it-yourself projects over the weekend and reside in Vestavia Hills with their two active border collies, Wyatt and Fin. They welcomed their first child, a boy named Landrum Scott Herring, in 2018.
- Alabama State Bar
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Birmingham Business Journal’s NextGen: Rising Stars of Law 2020
- B-Metro Top Women Attorneys 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© 2021
- Birmingham Magazine’s Top Attorneys 2020
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star 2019
- American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Associate Editor
- Cumberland School of Law, Scholar of Merit Award
- Cumberland School of Law, Dean’s List
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., cum laude
- University of Georgia, B.A.