To Stephen Hunt, Jr., respect is a two-way street. He has been profoundly inspired by mentors whom he respected and has been sought after to counsel others who respect him.
It was while growing up in Birmingham, Alabama, that Hunt was inspired to become an attorney by the influence of a mentor worthy of respect. Retired Judge H.W. “Bucky” McMillan coached Hunt’s youth basketball team, and Hunt, who admired the Judge’s fair demeanor, believed that trait must have developed from the Judge’s practice of law.
After graduating from The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Hunt earned his law degree from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University and has practiced at Cory Watson Attorneys ever since. His areas of focus include Products Liability, Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation, and Motor Vehicle Accident Litigation, among others.
In the community, Hunt pays forward the leadership and guidance learned from Judge McMillan as an Assistant Scoutmaster of Boy Scout Troop 96. When he’s not in court or in the office, Hunt enjoys backpacking, hunting, and spending time with his family.
Though Hunt has earned recognition for helping the firm achieve notable verdicts and settlements for clients, the part of being an attorney he finds most rewarding is helping people come to grips with their situation and guiding them through to the other side. His proudest accomplishment is the trust and respect that lawyers at Cory Watson have earned from both their clients and the community.
- Alabama State Bar
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
APPOINTMENTS & REPRESENTATIVE CASES
- MDL 2657 In Re: Zofran (Ondansetron) Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 1842 In Re:Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 1785 In Re:Bausch & Lomb, Inc. Contact Solution Products LiabilityLitigation
- MDL 2092 In Re:Chantix (Varenicline) Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2387 In Re: Coloplast Corp. Pelvic Support Systems Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2325 In Re:American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2326 In Re:Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2327 In Re:Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2187 In Re:R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020-2022
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association – Top 25
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Alabama Rising Stars, 2013-2016
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Cumberland School of Law, Dean’s List
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Birmingham Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham, B.A.
- Den Leader, Pack 352, Vestavia Hills, Alabama
- TumTum Tree Foundation, Board Member Emeritus