R. Andrew “Andy” Jones is a man of action—inspired by those who take bold strides to help others. His favorite quote, “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have,” comes from the invigorating words of President Teddy Roosevelt, and it reflects the values that Andy holds dear in his personal and professional life.
From an early age, Andy was interested in becoming a lawyer to make a positive impact on others.
Since joining Cory Watson Attorneys as a summer law clerk in 2011, Andy quickly distinguished himself among his colleagues and clients. Within three years of becoming an attorney, he was tapped as lead attorney of the firm’s Asbestos Practice where he has helped obtain over $40 million in settlements for clients. He also had success as a litigator in numerous cases, including one case that had a positive impact on future wrongful death cases statewide.
In the community, Andy is involved in the Birmingham Bar Association and Alabama Association for Justice, in the sections of these organizations that allow young lawyers to share innovative ideas that lead to better results for their clients. Andy is on the Junior Board of M-Power Ministries, a Birmingham-based organization that provides free medical and educational services to local adults in need. Andy also volunteers with the National CMV Foundation to promote awareness of congenital CMV, the number one infectious cause of birth defects in the U.S. Andy currently serves as the CMV Community Alliance chair for the state of Alabama.
Among his accomplishments and awards, Jones has been a voice of influence as the Associate Editor for the Cumberland Law Review and as a contributing writer for the American Association for Justice’s Newsletter.
Before becoming an attorney at Cory Watson, Andy has always been a true Alabama native. He grew up in Alabaster, graduated from Shades Mountain Christian School in Bluff Park, attended The University of Alabama, earned his law degree at the Cumberland School of Law, and has never lived outside of North or Central Alabama. When he’s not in court or in the office, Andy and his family can be found outdoors enjoying the natural beauty of his home state. His favorite pastimes include hiking and rock climbing.
- Alabama State Bar
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
APPOINTMENTS & REPRESENTATIVE CASES
- MDL 2502 – In Re: Lipitor — Marketing Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2691 – In Re: Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) and Cialis (Tadalafil) Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2974 – In Re: Paragard IUD Products Liability Litigation; Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
- JCCP 5052 – JUUL Labs Product Cases
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star 2020
- Birmingham Business Journal’s NextGen: Rising Stars of Law 2020
- Birmingham Magazine’s Top Attorneys 2020
- Birmingham Business Journal’s Rising Stars of Law
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence
- Cumberland School of Law, Scholar of Merit Award
- Cumberland Law Review, Associate Editor
- Dean Parham Williams Trial Competition, Finalist
- “A Legal Perspective on Legionella,” in American Association for Justice Newsletter, Writer, Spring 2015
- M-Power Ministries, Junior Board Member
- National CMV Foundation, Volunteer
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Association For Justice
- Alabama Association For Justice
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Alabama, B.A.