G. Rick DiGiorgio learned the art of problem-solving and the importance of caring for others from being the eldest of eight children. He was born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama while his father attended The University of Alabama. After his dad graduated, the family moved around for a while, but eventually settled in Birmingham where both of his parents come from large families. Their family of eight added to an already massive extended family, boasting hundreds of cousins in the Birmingham area. It was natural that Rick would work, live, and serve in his home state of Alabama after law school.
Rick’s connection to family and a focus on his spiritual life have always inspired him in his role as a lawyer. Although he graduated from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 1981, with an immediate successful run in criminal defense, his deep-rooted desire to help people led him to form his own personal injury law firm in 1992 with his younger brother, Christopher.
Then in 2001, he joined the team at Cory Watson Attorneys. While grand verdicts and positive results are always preferred outcomes, he is most proud that his clients know he truly cares for them.
When Rick is not busy helping people through the law, he spends time with his wife, his two adult children, and his grandchild. Also, in keeping with the heart of Rick’s favorite quote, “Seek first the kingdom of God,” (Matthew 6:33), Rick spends much of his free time studying the bible and discussing the spiritual side of life. His gift to look beneath the surface of a person’s physical needs, allowing him to help clients on a deeper, more meaningful level.
- Alabama State Bar
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- In Re: Conagra Peanut Butter Products Liability Litigation: Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee; Discovery Subcommittee
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Super Lawyers, 2012-2015, 2018-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020-2022
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
- Thomas More Society of Metro Birmingham, Catholic Lawyers Group, Inaugural President
- Sertoma International, Life Member
- Cahaba Valley Sertoma Club, Past President
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- American Association of Justice
- National Lawyers Association
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- Centre College of Kentucky, B.A.