Our Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fight for You
Many people here in the Magic City enjoy riding motorcycles, particularly during the mild weather. Yet, motorcycle accidents happen — and when they do, the aftermath can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. Medical bills can stack up quickly, especially if you are unable to work due to your injuries. If your accident was caused by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you were injured or lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, a Birmingham motorcycle accident attorney from Cory Watson Attorneys is standing by to assist you. Exploring your options begins with consulting our team
Why Choose Us for Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
Recent motorcycle accident statistics show just how dangerous these accidents can be. More than 82,000 motorcycle riders were injured in car accidents on U.S. roads in 2020, and 5,579 were killed. Alabama is the 10th deadliest state when it comes to motorcycle fatalities, with roughly 90 fatal motorcycle accidents in one given year. Motorcycle accident victims often suffer serious injuries. When you hire an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer from Cory Watson Attorneys to handle your claim, you get the backing of a law firm with nearly four decades of experience and a track record of recovering over $3 billion in compensation for clients.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Cory Watson Attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay any upfront legal fees to retain our services. We work through the entire case without getting paid for our help until the end. At that point, we receive a previously agreed-upon percentage of the amount you win. If you don’t recover anything, you don’t pay us a dime for our help. But we will do everything in our power to help you receive fair compensation in your Birmingham motorcycle accident case.
You Generally Have Two Years To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Alabama
Motorcycle accident cases are a type of personal injury case. Personal injury cases in Alabama must be filed in civil court within Alabama’s statute of limitations. The American Bar Association warns that if you miss the deadline, you lose the right to seek compensation for your losses.
Consider these deadlines:
AL Code § 6-2-38 notes that you generally have two years to file your motorcycle accident lawsuit. Your filing deadline begins from the date of your collision.
AL Code § 6-5-410 says that you also have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit. The deadline begins on the date your loved one passed away.
There are rare exceptions that can shorten or extend this deadline. You can trust Cory Watson Attorneys’ motorcycle accident lawyers in Birmingham to file your case in civil court before time runs out. But to do so, you must contact us as soon as possible after your motorcycle crash.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Birmingham, call 877-562-0000
Types of Recoverable Damages in Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorcycle accident is different, so it is impossible to say how much compensation you might recover. One motorcycle rider might escape a collision with only scrapes and bruises, while another individual might have catastrophic injuries, such as spinal cord injuries or traumatic brain injuries. Compensation for motorcycle accident claims will vary depending on the severity of your injuries and other losses. Damages a motorcycle accident victim may be able to recover include:
- Lost wages. We will review your employment records and consult with experts in your field to calculate this loss. You can recover more than lost wages; you can also recover lost tips, bonuses, benefits, and commissions.
- Future lost wages. Your motorcycle accident might harm your future earning ability. You might have to change jobs or take a lower-paying position. Compensation can account for both of these hardships.
- Medical bills. Typically, you can pursue recovery for the reasonable cost for the medical treatment you needed for your injuries. These expenses can include the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospital, surgery, physical therapy, and pain management, among other things.
- Future medical bills. If you will need medical treatment in the future because of your injuries, we can usually include this estimated expense in your injury claim. For instance, you might need plastic surgery down the road or some other procedure. Your settlement or court award can account for any anticipated operation.
- Long-term care services. You might need to stay in a specialized treatment facility or need a nurse to routinely come by your home. Long-term care could be needed after spinal cord damage, head trauma, or other significant injuries.
- Pain and suffering. This category addresses the physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress from the accident and your injuries. We will calculate your pain and suffering based on various aspects of your situation, including your mental health.
- Other non-economic damages. In addition to pain and suffering, you can seek other intangible losses, such as disability, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of consortium.
You Can Pursue Compensation If You Lost a Loved One
We’re deeply sorry if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. While compensation can’t fully heal your trauma, it can make the financial matters related to your loss easier. Our Birmingham motorcycle accident attorneys have helped many grieving families recover damages for:
- Funeral costs, including the burial plot and cremation
- End-of-life healthcare expenses, such as hospice or palliative care
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
Our wrongful death lawyers want to support your family during this challenging time in your life. During your free case review, we’re eager to learn about how we can best serve you.
Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
You Have the Right to Partner With Our Team on Your Injury Claim
Alabama law does not force you to hire a Birmingham motorcycle accident lawyer to handle your injury claim, but doing so can be a wise decision. When we take care of your legal matters, you get to focus on your recovery. In the meantime, we will:
- File your claim and/or lawsuit
- Investigate your case and gather evidence
- Itemize your losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Manage all communications with those involved
- Explain your next steps
- Advocate for your legal rights
You do not have to go through this traumatizing experience alone. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys are ready to stand by your side.
We Can Hold the At-Fault Party Financially Accountable for Their Actions
We may pursue compensation from:
- The driver of a motorcycle you were riding as a passenger
- A person riding on the back of your motorcycle that you were driving, whose carelessness caused the accident
- The motorist who struck you
- A city, county, or state entity that failed to maintain a safe roadway
- A third party that spilled or dumped debris or liquids on a road’s surface, causing your accident
These are a few examples of the parties that could be responsible for your injuries and losses. The facts of your case will determine who should pay for your financial compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from Cory Watson Attorneys Today
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we devote our law practice to helping people who get hurt due to the negligence of others. We are happy to offer a free consultation with no obligation to discuss your motorcycle accident claim.
During our conversation, we can discuss your case’s possible outcome, explain your legal rights, and address your concerns. We’re ready to hear your story now. Consult our team by calling (205) 328-2200 today.
Birmingham Office Location2131 Magnolia Ave s.
Birmingham, AL 35205