Mitchell Theodore holds the South close to his heart. He was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama, and attended undergraduate and law school at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Through the practice of law, Mitchell is able to help his clients in Alabama, and throughout the country, obtain the justice they deserve.
Although he doesn’t come from a family of lawyers, Mitchell has always had a desire to help people. He sees law as a profession that allows him to do just that. At the end of a day’s work, Mitchell says it’s gratifying to know that every day he’s able to help someone in need.
A driven advocate for his clients, Mitchell fights for justice in Class Action, Mass Torts, PharmaceuticalLitigation, and Product Liability.A member of the firm since 2015, Mitchell obtained licenses in both Alabama and Floridawithin the first year of his legal career. Since then,he’s had the opportunity torepresent clients in nationwide litigations against some of the largest companies in the world. Helping individuals fight against the wrongdoings of these massive corporations drives Mitchell to work hard to obtain justice for the victims herepresents. He is admitted to practice in the highest state and federal courts in Alabama and Florida, and he handles complex litigation throughout the country.He has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and has been named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch as well as Birmingham Business Journal’s NextGen in Law.Mitchell is a member of the Birmingham Bar, American Association for Justice, Alabama Association for Justice, Alabama State Bar Association, and Florida Bar Association.
Outside of the office, Mitchell is actively involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Mitchell and his wife enjoy any outdoor activity and traveling in their spare time. They reside in Birmingham with their son and their two dogs, Mobley and Tucker.
- Alabama State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- National Law Journal’s Top 100 Verdicts of 2020: Litigation Team Recipient
- Mid-South Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2020-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch©, 2021-2023
- Journal of the Legal Profession, Junior Editor
- Dean’s Community Service Award
- CALI Award, Contracts II
- CALI Award, Select Problems in Criminal Law
- Birmingham Business Journal’s NextGen in Law, 2023
- Birmingham Bar Association
- BBA Grievance Committee
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
APPOINTMENTS & REPRESENTATIVE CASES
- MDL 2973—In re:Elmiron Products Liability Litigation, Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
- MDL 3004—In re:Paraquat Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2782—In re:Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2753—In re: Atrium Medical Corp. C-Qur Mesh Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2433—In re:E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company C-8 Personal Injury Litigation
- MDL 2592—In re:Xarelto Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2428—In re:Fresenius Granuflo/Naturalyte Dialysate Products Liability Litigation
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Alabama, B.A., magna cum laude