- The choice is clear—use the law firm with a proven track record of success with hernia mesh cases.
- Cory Watson Attorneys was on the only trial team to successfully win a hernia mesh trial with a verdict of over $1.5 million.
- Our principal and founding shareholder, Ernest Cory, has been the National Co-Trial Counsel of the Kugel Hernia Mesh litigation since its inception over a decade ago. Over 4,000 cases have been resolved under his leadership.
What You Need to Know
Several hernia mesh products are causing injuries at higher-than-expected rates. These patient injuries typically involved hernia recurrence and a second surgical operation to remove the hernia mesh. Many individuals also reported experiencing hernia surgery complications with infections, bowel injuries, bowel obstruction, and chronic and severe abdominal pain.
You Might Have A Case If:
- You underwent a hernia repair and suffered a mesh failure or other complication which required revision surgery (re-operation) or other medical treatment.
- You underwent a hernia repair and are currently experiencing complications such as pain or infection.
- You underwent a hernia repair, but are unsure if you received C-Qur or Physiomesh. It is not necessary to know the specific type of hernia repair patch used during your surgery. This information is available to the attorneys at Cory Watson through your medical records.
The Faulty Hernia Mesh Products
Two particular types of products are causing alarmingly high injury rates:
The Ethicon Physiomesh™ Flexible Composite Mesh is a product made by Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon Division. The hernia patch is made of a polypropylene mesh fabric. It is designed to be inserted into the body through a small abdominal incision and placed behind a hernia to help cover and close the defect. Two registries show that these Ethicon Physiomesh™ products are resulting in a high number of problems after surgeries. Many patients report post-hernia surgery complications including infections, hernia recurrence, bowel injuries, and severe abdominal pain. Frequently, a second surgery is required to remove or repair the Physiomesh™ hernia mesh.
The C-Qur™ Hernia Mesh made by Atrium Medical Corporation is resulting in a high rate of failure and injury. C-Qur first came on the market in 2006. Since that time, several variations of the C-Qur Hernia Mesh have been added to the market. Atrium C‐Qur Hernia Mesh is coated in fish oil (Omega‐3) to prevent side effects, but allegations are that the coating actually results in increased complications and infections in hernia repair patients.
Don’t Endure the Pain Alone
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have more than 30 years of experience with defective medical device lawsuits and almost two decades of experience working specifically on mesh related cases. If you were injured by a hernia mesh patch or had revision surgery complications, you may qualify for compensation.
Call (877) 562-0000 or fill out our online contact form to get started now. The experienced medical device legal team at Cory Watson has recovered more than $3 Billion for injury victims, and we can provide you with a confidential, free case evaluation. Don’t wait to reach out – contact us today!
Physiomesh is a registered trademark of Ethicon, Johnson & Johnson or an affiliate and is not associated with this law firm.
C-Qur is a registered trademark of Atrium Medical Corporation or an affiliate and is not associated with this law firm.