Tiffany Webber Carpenter is an attorney dedicated to defending justice and righting wrongs in the Memphis, Tennessee office for Cory Watson Attorneys. Tiffany has lived in Memphis since 2014 by way of Huntsville, Alabama; Tuscaloosa, Alabama; Durham, North Carolina, Los Angeles, California; and the Boston, Massachusetts metropolitan area. The immersive experiences with various people in various regions of the country has given Tiffany a true compassion for people from all walks of life.
Tiffany first developed an interest in personal injury law as a young child. She was the plaintiff in a medical malpractice claim against a pharmacy that had filled one of her prescriptions with the incorrect medication, causing serious injuries which resulted in her hospitalization. Although that experience marked her first spark of interest in advocacy for the injured and wronged, once Tiffany learned that her paternal grandfather, a Tuskegee airman bombardier during WWII, had freedom rode throughout the South and been arrested for protesting segregated military officers’ clubs during his time in the service, she knew fighting for justice was in her future.
Tiffany earned her Bachelor of Arts with High Distinction from Duke University, graduating as a Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellow and the University Editor of the student-run newspaper. She then earned a fellowship to the University of Alabama, where she graduated with a master’s degree in English Literature. Tiffany then earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Alabama School of Law.
At Cory Watson Attorneys, Tiffany handles car, motorcycle, pedestrian, and truck wreck cases; premises liability cases; third-party on-the-job injury cases; police brutality and misconduct civil rights cases; and she is also involved in the mass tort litigation practice group.
Tiffany loves animals and enjoys spending time with her family and her rescue dog, Lady. She also enjoys giving back to local and national charities, including those dedicated to supporting natural disaster rescue, leukemia research, the elderly, impoverished, and voter enfranchisement efforts. Tiffany is a board member for the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association and the Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association, and she is also a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and the Memphis Bar Association.
Tiffany is licensed to practice in Tennessee, Alabama, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, and North Carolina, and she is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Tennessee, Eastern District of Tennessee, Northern District of Alabama, and Eastern District of North Carolina. Tiffany was named the 2023 Outstanding New Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2022
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Alabama, 2022
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2023
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Outstanding New Trial Lawyer of The Year, Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch©, 2021-2023
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star, 2016-2022
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Research Fellow
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law Program – Class of 2020
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, 2020-2021, 2022-2023
- National Bar Association, Ben F. Jones Chapter, Board of Directors, 2021-present
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- Volunteer, Legal Expungement Clinics
- Volunteer, Memphis Professional Development Program
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- University of Alabama, M.A.
- Duke University, B.A., with High Distinction