Joel Caldwell knew he wanted to have a career in law from an early age. As the youngest of four children, Joel grew up with an attitude that no one would ever take advantage of him, especially not his older and bigger siblings. His parents saw this mindset and encouraged Joel to become a lawyer. They said that, even as a child, he was always an advocate for others. Joel kept a strong opinion, always spoke his mind, and would not back down from any situation.
Joel has always been motivated by the fact that, as a lawyer, he is dealing with someone during a tough time, and he has the opportunity to serve and bring results that make a direct and positive impact in their life. This dedication to securing justice has allowed Joel to obtain numerous settlements and verdicts for his clients. Joel’s desire for justice and drive to help people continue to characterize his practice.
Joel grew up in Hoover, Alabama, where he graduated in the inaugural class of Hoover High School’s Law Academy. He attended Vanderbilt University on a full athletic scholarship, where he majored in Economics and minored in Managerial Studies. Joel was a four-year letterman for Vanderbilt’s football team. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Alabama School of Law.
When he’s not pursuing justice on behalf of his clients, Joel enjoys working out and running 5ks. He also enjoys traveling, watching movies, and watching SEC football. Joel is a fan of both Vanderbilt and Alabama football. He is also an active member of Faith Chapel Church in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Alabama State Bar
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Alabama State Bar, Pro Bono Exemplar
- Best Lawyers 2021: Ones to Watch
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- Children’s Village, Junior Board Member
- Volunteer, Faith Chapel Students
- Birmingham Bar Foundation, Board Member
- Magic City Bar Association, Vice President
- Alabama Lawyers Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar, Young Lawyer’s Executive Committee Member
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Birmingham Bar Association, Future Leaders Forum Class of 2019
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts, Economics