T: (205) 271-7189
F: (205) 324-7896
- Mass Torts Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Products Liability
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Toxic Torts
- Wrongful Death
T: (205) 271-7151
Joel Caldwell knew he wanted to have a career in law from an early age. As the youngest of four children, Joel grew up with an attitude that no one would ever take advantage of him; especially not his older and bigger siblings. His parents saw this mindset and encouraged Joel to become a lawyer. They said that, even as a child, he was always an advocate for others. Joel kept a strong opinion, always spoke his mind and would not back down from any situation.
Joel has always been motivated by the fact that, as a lawyer, he is dealing with someone during a tough time in their life, and he has the opportunity to serve and bring results that make a direct and positive impact. This dedication to securing justice for his clients allowed him to help obtain an $80,000 settlement on behalf of a plaintiff whose constitutional rights were violated. Joel’s desire for justice and drive to help people continue to characterize his practice.
Joel grew up in Hoover, Alabama, where he graduated in the inaugural class of Hoover High School's Law Academy. He attended Vanderbilt University on a full athletic scholarship, where he majored in Economics and minored in Managerial Studies. Joel was a four-year letterman for Vanderbilt's football team. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Alabama School of Law.
When he's not pursuing justice on behalf of his clients, Joel enjoys working out and running 5ks. He also enjoys traveling, watching movies and watching SEC football. Joel is a fan of both Vanderbilt and Alabama football. He is also an active member of Canaan Baptist Church in Bessemer, Alabama.
- Alabama State Bar
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Alabama State Bar, Pro Bono Exemplar
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- Alabama Lawyers Association, Middle District Representative
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar, Young Lawyer’s Section
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Birmingham Bar Association, Future Leaders Forum Class of 2019
- Magic City Bar Association
- Middle District of Alabama Federal Bar Association, Board Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Children’s Village, Junior Board Member
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts, Economics