Brett is honored to advocate for justice on behalf of his clients and work to hold some of the most powerful companies accountable. He says, “I am glad to be in a position to seek justice and advocate for individuals unable to help themselves, and these goals drive me to be the best lawyer I can be for my clients every day.”
Born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi, Brett Thompson developed a passion for justice and helping those in need from an early age. Despite growing up in a family of doctors, with his convictions and competitive nature, Brett knew that he would end up as a lawyer.
After graduating from Ole Miss, he received his Juris Doctorate with honors from the Cumberland School of Law. Among his accomplishments, Brett has been a voice of influence as the Associate Editor for the Cumberland Law Review.
Brett began his legal career at a regional defense firm, representing a variety of clients in civil and personal injury litigation. At Cory Watson Attorneys, he continues to help make a positive impact through the law. Brett’s ability to understand client’s needs, coupled with his ability to think creatively, provides a unique and dedicated representation.
In the community, Brett is involved in the Birmingham Bar Association and Alabama Association for Justice. He and his wife, Emily, reside in Birmingham and are active members of Redeemer Community Church. In his spare time, Brett also enjoys cooking and is an ardent fan of premier league soccer.
- Alabama State Bar
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- National Law Journal’s Top 100 Verdicts of 2020: Litigation Team Recipient
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch©, 2022
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Mississippi, B.A.