Lauren S. Miller
T: (205) 271-7168
F: (205) 324-7896
Lauren represents clients injured from dangerous pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices. The importance of helping people suffering from serious medical conditions was instilled in Lauren at a young age. Her father is a cancer research scientist, and his hard work and determination to make a difference in cancer patients’ lives was an early inspiration. Lauren found her passion and avenue to help people in law and is devoted to seeking justice for her clients.
Lauren is an understanding counsel for her clients, and her inclination to help people shines through her dedicated work. Lauren takes an innovative approach to representing her clients and is uncompromising in identifying ways to help them. Her favorite quote, “Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work…” comes from the noted architect Daniel Hudson Burnham and perfectly embodies Lauren’s drive to get the best result for her clients.
As an integral part of the firm’s mass tort practice, Lauren has worked tirelessly to advance the cases that have been entrusted to her care.
Most recently, Lauren was part of a six-attorney team from multiple law firms across the country that presented expert witnesses and scientific evidence in a four-day causation hearing in federal court in San Francisco, California. Additionally, Lauren was part of a national team that favorably resolved over 500 cases against a well-known medical device manufacturer for individuals injured by the company’s defective device. In addition to her mass tort practice, Lauren also represents clients in consumer fraud and personal injury claims and seeks justice for sexual assault survivors.
Although now living in the Deep South, Lauren was born in Palo Alto, California. After leaving California early in life, Lauren spent most of her childhood in Arkansas then moved to Alabama to pursue her law degree at Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law. Lauren has now firmly planted her roots in the Birmingham, Alabama community. When she is not practicing law, Lauren enjoys painting, boxing, and spending time with her family.
- Alabama State Bar
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
Appointments & Representative Cases
- MDL 2924 – In Re: Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation: Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
- MDL 2691 – In Re: Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) and Cialis (Tadalafil) Products Liability Litigation: Discovery Committee, Expert Committee, and Daubert Committee
- Essure Product Cases, JCCP 4887 (Cal. Super. Ct., Alameda County): Counsel of record
- MDL 2905 – In Re: ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units Products Liability Litigation: Counsel of record
- MDL 2903 – In Re: Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation: Counsel of record
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star 2019
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Birmingham Magazine, Birmingham Top Attorney Rising Star, 2017
- Cumberland School of Law, Dean’s List
- Middle Tennessee State University, Dean’s List
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
- National Alliance of Victims’ Rights Attorneys & Advocates
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- Middle Tennessee State University, B.S.