After you suffer injuries in a slip and fall accident, you may be concerned about how you will pay your medical bills. Along with the expenses of treating a serious injury, you may need time away from work and the activities you enjoy. Fortunately, you may not need to cover the costs associated with your accident. The party that caused your slip and fall accident may owe you compensation.
A Hoover slip and fall accident lawyer from Cory Watson Attorneys can help you pursue compensation from the at-fault party. Our personal injury team is prepared to manage the legal tasks involved in your case. You can take the time you need to focus on getting better while we fight for your financial recovery.
What does Our Hoover Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Do?
Hiring a Hoover personal injury lawyer from our firm means having an advocate on your side. We have over 38 years of experience serving injured clients, and we are prepared to take on your slip and fall case. When you hire our slip and fall accident attorney, they will:
- Handle all communication for you, including speaking to the at-fault party and insurance adjusters on your behalf
- File and submit the paperwork for your case
- Investigate your case to determine how the slip and fall accident occurred
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Assign a value to your case by analyzing the damages you suffered
- Take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached before then
You do not need to worry about any legal tasks when you work with Cory Watson Attorneys. Our experienced team knows how to manage your case, no matter how complex it may seem.
See What Our Clients Say about Our Law Firm Serving Hoover
We’ve helped our clients recover over $3 billion in settlements. Our former clients have great things to say after working with Cory Watson Attorneys. For example:
- “I went through terrible trauma and to know that the firm had our best interest in mind during a long process of dr appointments, hospital bills, mounting debt and stress from the accident was beyond the call of duty. I am thankful they were there by me and my husband every step of the way. If you need an attorney Cory Watson is the firm!” – Tracey W.
- “They helped us navigate through difficult legal issues. The entire staff is very knowledgeable and professional. The dedication and time that Cory Watson took to resolve our issues has left us forever grateful. We have recommended them to many friends and family all receiving the same outstanding service.” – Joe T.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Hoover, call 877-562-0000
Damages You Can Recover after a Slip and Fall Accident in Hoover
Our Hoover slip and fall accident lawyer can assign a value to your case based on the losses you suffered. Your economic losses and non-economic losses will be taken into consideration.
Economic damages you could recover compensation for include:
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
You can also recover non-economic damages for the intangible losses you suffered. Non-economic damages in your case may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
Although your non-economic damages do not have a direct financial value, we can assign one to them. We will also use any bills or receipts you have to calculate the total cost of your economic losses. You can trust our team to help you fight for a fair settlement.
Hoover Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
How Much does It Cost to Work With Our Hoover Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we aim to make our legal services accessible by working on a contingency-fee basis. This means that when you hire us, you do not pay anything upfront. Instead, our team receives payment after we have successfully won or settled your case.
The money your attorney receives comes out of your compensation. This allows you to avoid spending anything out-of-pocket to fight your case. We also offer free initial consultations.
Our Slip and Fall Lawyer Can File Your Hoover, AL, Lawsuit on Time
Each state limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. In Hoover, AL, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is outlined in the statute of limitations, or AL Code § 6-2-38.
Although two years may seem like a long time, you should act as soon as possible. You could miss your opportunity to recover compensation if your lawsuit is not filed on time. Plus, getting started early allows our team to complete paperwork, gather evidence, and speak to witnesses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining Fault in Your Slip and Fall Accident Case
Before you can seek compensation from the liable party, our team must determine who caused your accident. We will need to prove that another party was the reason you were injured.
In slip and fall accident cases, the liable party could be:
- A landlord
- A property owner
- The manager of a store, restaurant, or hotel
Any party whose negligence contributed to your accident could be responsible for compensating you. We can analyze photos, videos, and witness statements to determine who is at fault for your accident.
Your Hoover Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Satisfy the Four Elements of Negligence
Our team can prove the liable party harmed you by establishing negligence. This involves satisfying the following four elements:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a responsibility to keep you safe. For example, property owners have a duty to maintain their property so that guests can visit safely.
- Breach of duty: The liable party did not uphold their duty of care. Uneven pavement or slippery floors are examples of a breach of duty.
- Causation: The liable party’s negligence was the reason you were injured. For example, you slipped and fell because the at-fault party did not use a wet floor sign to make you aware of a slippery floor.
- Damages: Because of the accident and your injuries, you suffered losses.
Once we have proven that the liable party caused you to suffer injuries, we can pursue compensation on your behalf. Our team will gather all the evidence we need to prove your case.
Contact Cory Watson Attorneys to Work With Our Hoover Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, you do not need to face the legal process alone. Our Hoover slip and fall accident lawyer can work on your case while you recover from your injuries.
Don’t wait to get started. A member of our team can take your call 24/7 and answer any case-related questions you have. Contact us today for your free initial consultation.