Being involved in a motorcycle accident can result in significant damage to the motorcyclist for several reasons. Motorcyclists have very little external protection aside from their helmets to absorb the impact of a crash. You should know that Hoover law allows you to demand damages from negligent parties after a motorcycle accident.
Our Hoover motorcycle accident lawyer can build your case. Cory Watson Attorneys is an Alabama personal injury firm that is committed to protecting the well-being of our clients. When you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence, having an experienced legal team can be of significant advantage when dealing with the insurance company. You don’t need to fight your case alone.
Leave All the Tasks of Your Case to Your Hoover Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Many accident victims think they have to deal with the negligent driver’s insurance company by themselves. This may not be advisable. Even when they are asking what seem like “routine” questions, insurers representing the negligent driver may be probing for information that might damage your case. They are very skilled at framing questions designed to elicit answers that will weaken your position. That’s why we handle negotiations and all direct communications for you.
We want you to have the benefit of professionals protecting your interests. Once we’ve established that the liable party owes you compensation, we will represent you in settlement discussions. Your Hoover personal injury lawyer can handle tasks like:
- Investigating your accident to determine what happened
- Gathering evidence
- Keeping you informed about any updates in your case
- Completing any paperwork necessary for your claim or lawsuit
- Explaining the laws that apply to your case
- Advising you on your legal options
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Hoover, call 877-562-0000
You Can Afford a Hoover Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Above all, Cory Watson Attorneys wants to serve our community by helping motorcycle accident victims get the justice they deserve. We believe all accident victims deserve quality representation, not just the ones who can pay up-front for a lawyer. Our firm will handle your Hoover motorcycle accident case on a contingency-fee basis. That means you can benefit from our representation without having to pay any money out-of-pocket or upfront.
It also means we won’t bill you for our legal services unless we win your case. If you believe you could benefit from our services, putting us on your team is as simple as picking up the phone and calling our office.
Hoover Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
What Are the Recoverable Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Making a complete physical recovery from a motorcycle accident can be very expensive. The costs you incur making this recovery are all considered economic damages, and we fight to help all our clients recover the economic damages they suffered. Examples of the economic damages we will demand in your case include:
- Medical bills
- The cost of repairing your motorcycle (or the replacement value for your motorcycle if the repairs cost more than it is worth)
- Income you lose while making a physical recovery from your accident.
- Continuing care or physical therapy (if necessary)
There are also extreme cases where motorcycle accident victims are permanently disabled or unable to return to work. If you suffer from these kinds of severe physical injuries, we will also include reduced earning capacity in our demand for economic damages.
Can You Demand Non-Economic Damages?
You can recover non-economic damages for the intangible losses the accident caused you to suffer. Some of your recoverable non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Lost enjoyment of life
Many severe physical injuries that lead to paralysis, disfigurement, or permanent quality of life issues will result in us demanding higher non-economic damages on your behalf. In all cases, our motorcycle accident lawyers will fight as hard to get you fairly compensated for your non-economic damages as we do for your economic damages. You can discuss your recoverable damages with our team during your free consultation.
Our Hoover Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Prove Negligence
Alabama has a standard for negligence that must be met before accident victims can demand damages in a personal injury case. Cory Watson Attorneys has nearly 40 years of experience helping clients demonstrate that their accident meets Alabama’s negligence standard.
The elements of negligence are as follows:
- Duty of care: All drivers have a duty of care to other motorists, motorcyclists, and anyone they may share the road with. This requires them to operate their vehicles safely and obey the rules of the road.
- Breach of duty: We can help you show the negligent party in your accident breached their duty of care.
- Causation: We will demonstrate that the other party’s breach of their duty of care is what caused your motorcycle accident.
- Damages: We will show that you suffered damages as a result of the negligent party’s breach of their duty of care.
Evidence We Can Use To Prove Negligence
In order to prove negligence, we undertake a thorough evidence-gathering process and build your case step by step. Some critical aspects of our evidence-gathering process include:
- Interviewing witnesses or other accident victims
- Obtaining copies of the police report (if they responded to the accident scene) and if necessary, serving the responding officer with a subpoena to appear at trial
- Obtaining and reviewing any video evidence of the motorcycle accident (e.g., go-pro helmet cam, police officer dash cam, area traffic camera any other footage)
- Visiting the accident scene with the police report to recreate the events leading up to the crash
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Cory Watson Attorneys To Discuss Your Motorcycle Accident Case Today
After your accident, you should not have to worry about insurance negotiations or gathering evidence. You can leave your Hoover motorcycle accident case to our team. We have the experience necessary to fight for your financial recovery.
Don’t wait to get started on your case, as we may have a limited amount of time to file. Contact us today for your free initial consultation. We can take your call 24/7.