Dog attacks and bites are some of the most traumatizing experiences and events a person can go through. If you have suffered debilitating injuries or emotional trauma related to your dog bite, you may have grounds for legal action against the dog’s owner or other responsible parties.
A Bessemer, AL, dog bite lawyer at Cory Watson Attorneys can seek recovery for your losses. With our personal injury attorneys advocating for you, you can focus on your health and recovery.
Types of Recoverable Damages For Dog Bites in Bessemer, AL
We can seek compensation for both economic and non-economic losses. You can easily prove the value of economic losses with bank statements, financial records, receipts, paystubs, and more. Non-economic damages are not so easily quantified. These are subjective losses, which may mean your attorney needs to introduce other types of evidence to prove their value.
Examples of damages that may be recovered when you have been attacked by a dog include:
- Costs of reconstructive surgery due to significant skin scarring
- Costs of rabies treatment and other prescription medications
- Costs of mental health counseling due to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic physical pain and suffering
- Your loss of income and ability to continue earning a living
- Your diminished quality of life and loss of companionship and love
These are only a few examples of dog bite damages that you could recover through an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Your lawyer will go into detail with you regarding the various ways your life has been affected by your dog bite and the attack itself to ensure we are seeking fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Bessemer, call 877-562-0000
Do You Need a Bessemer, AL, Dog Bite Attorney?
You deserve to focus on your physical recovery after a dog bite. When you have Cory Watson Attorneys advocating for you, you will not need to worry about any of the legal details.
We can help guide you through the claims process by:
- Scrutinizing your economic and non-economic damages
- Analyzing evidence to support your case
- Identifying key witnesses and experts
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters
- Providing you with case status updates regularly
- Helping you understand Alabama‘s dog bite laws
- Being available to answer your questions and concerns
- Fighting for your right to compensation in court
Our Client Reviews and Testimonials
Our dog bite attorneys at Cory Watson Attorneys always put our client’s needs above all else. Here are some of our most recent reviews and testimonials:
- “I went through terrible trauma and to know that the firm had our best interest in mind during a long process of dr appointments, hospital bills, mounting debt and stress was beyond the call of duty. I am thankful they were there by me every step of the way. If you need an attorney this is the firm!”- Tracey W.
- “When placed in an already traumatizing life-changing situation, our attorney took the time to reassure our family that we will get through our son’s injury and recovery, and he has been beside us every step of the way!!”- Shannon K.
- “Rick DiGiorgio and his paralegal, Autumn White have been working on my cases for over a year. They have been kind, compassionate, they update me weekly and always go over and beyond to make sure I am okay and informed. I couldn’t ask for a better team!”- Ashley T.
Bessemer Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
You Can Afford to Hire a Bessemer, AL, Dog Bite Lawyer
Working with a Bessemer, AL, dog bite attorney can seem costly at first. The good news is that our firm handles personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. That means we do not charge upfront fees to begin working on your case. We only take our payment from any potential compensation we win for you.
Contact our Bessemer, AL Personal Injury Attorney today
Bessemer, AL, Dog Bite Lawsuit Deadlines
Are you ready to file your dog bite lawsuit in Bessemer, AL? If so, make sure to do so before the statute of limitations expires. Under AL Code § 6-2-38, you generally only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit before the deadline runs out.
If this happens, the court can dismiss your case. Fortunately, once you have an attorney working on your case, they can streamline the legal process and help you meet these deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help From a Bessemer, AL, Dog Bite Attorney Today
The traumatic experience of a dog bite may stay with you for the rest of your life. It is important to recover the compensation for your medical expenses and other out-of-pocket costs.
Contact Cory Watson Attorneys to work with a dog bite lawyer. Fill out our convenient contact form or call us to get started on your case with a free consultation today.
Call or text 877-562-0000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form