Vehicle accidents are a leading cause of personal injury in the United States. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a vehicle accident, our Bessemer car accident lawyer could help.
Cory Watson Attorneys can file a claim for compensation so that you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
How Much Can a Jefferson County Car Accident Case Be Worth?
We cannot put a price tag on your injuries or the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence. Our first task when you have a complimentary consultation with us is to assess what you may be able to claim. When we build a compensation claim, we collect information on all your expenses, including:
- Medical bills
- Vehicle repair bills
- Hospitalization costs
- Transportation expenses
Once we have assembled all the necessary information, we will add your expenses. We will include future expenses, such as scheduled surgeries, home modifications to accommodate necessary medical adaptations, and other expenditures.
We may meet with medical and mental health personnel to assess additional non-financial damages such as pain and suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Bessemer, call 877-562-0000
What Are Recoverable Damages?
Each claim after an accident is unique. When we seek compensation for your injuries after a car accident, we will include economic and non-economic damages requests.
Economic damages are those costs incurred as a direct result of the accident. These are specific monetary losses that you would not have had without the accident. Some of these include:
- Medical expenses, both current and future, includes all hospital bills, surgical costs, medical equipment, medications, therapy, home health assistance, and all other costs associated with your injuries.
- Property damages will include the cost of repair or replacement of your vehicle and anything inside the car that may have been damaged due to the accident.
- Wage losses and disability will include lost wages due to an inability to work, lost vacation and sick time, other benefits you may have lost, and expected lost wages due to a lessened ability to perform at your previous level.
Non-economic damages are more difficult to compile because they don’t represent a direct expenditure. They are monetary compensation for something that money can’t buy. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering compensation puts a price on physical pain, emotional distress, inconvenience, and the overall strain of dealing with the aftermath of an accident. Money can’t return your life to its previous level.
- Loss of consortium refers to an accident’s effect on personal relationships.
- Mental anguish is the distress, including depression, that many people suffer after an injury.
A Bessemer car accident lawyer from our firm will examine every part of your claim, including all potentially recoverable damages.
Bessemer Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
Can a Bessemer Car Accident Lawyer from Your Firm Help?
Yes. If you hire our Bessemer car accident lawyer, you can concentrate on healing from your injuries. Your lawyer will be busy working on collecting the necessary information for your claim. Some of the items they will obtain include:
- Any police reports of the accident
- Statements from witnesses
- Photos, videos, or other cell phone and dash camera images
- Accident reconstruction data
- Statements from experts
- Medical data about your injury
They will also organize your claim for presentation and negotiate with insurance companies if necessary. While your lawyer is doing all the legwork, you can be busy healing, attending physical therapy, and working to restore your life.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Can a Law Firm Do?
Finding the right law firm can mean the difference between a mediocre settlement and a settlement that compensates you for the damages your injury has caused. Using the complimentary consultation, you can meet with Cory Watson Attorneys and learn first-hand what they can do to help you.
Many claims settle before the need to pursue a lawsuit in civil court. Still, our attorneys are prepared to go the distance if necessary. We will not stop fighting for your compensation.
Injuries from an accident can cause high medical expenses and life-long changes to your life. We understand that and will fight for you every step of the way.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Awards, Results, and Client Reviews
The team at Cory Watson Attorneys includes top-rated injury lawyers in the U.S. Our results show how hard we fight for our clients.
Our previous client testimonials will let you know what it’s like to team up with us and how much we value our clients. We are involved in our community, which shows how we handle every claim. Our clients are not just a number – they are our neighbors.
How Do I Know Who Is at Fault?
One of our priorities will be determining who was at fault for the accident. Our investigation includes building a claim around the elements of negligence, which are:
- Duty of Care – We must prove that the other driver was responsible for driving safely. Hint – all drivers have this duty.
- Breach of Duty – We need to prove that the other driver neglected to honor their duty of care or acted irresponsibly.
- Causation – Proving that the other driver’s neglect to act responsibly caused the accident and your injuries.
- Damages – That you suffered damages or injury due to the other party’s actions.
By establishing the elements of negligence in your claim, we can use that information to get you the compensation you deserve.
We compile the data collected during our investigation and prepare a comprehensive claim outlining your damages and the compensation we expect to secure.
Alabama Is a Contributory Negligence State
The importance of proving negligence is compounded in Alabama due to its adherence to the Contributory Negligence Law. Under this provision, if the plaintiff (you) is even one percent at fault for the accident, they may forfeit all rights to compensation from the defendant.
How Long Do You Have to File?
To file for personal injury damages for a car accident in Alabama, AL Code § 6-2-38 states that you have only two years to file a lawsuit from the date of your accident. This time can pass very quickly if you are recovering from injuries. It may benefit you to speak with our Bessemer car accident lawyer to learn your options.
A No-Risk Consultation Is Truly No Risk
With 38 years of experience, our team at Cory Watson Attorneys has what it takes to fight for your compensation. With the complimentary consultation, no risk indeed does mean no risk. If we meet and agree to form a partnership to fight for your claim, our attorneys will do everything to help you. Let’s get started.