Drunk driving is dangerous and illegal. However, this does not stop some drivers from getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a collision with a drunk driver, you can pursue justice. Our Hoover drunk driving accident lawyer can help you manage your case.
When you choose Cory Watson Attorneys as your law firm, we will fight for the compensation you need. You may require expensive medical treatment or vehicle repairs. Compensation could help cover all the costs associated with your accident. Our legal team has over 38 years of experience helping clients like you seek fair financial recovery.
Recoverable Damages in a Hoover Drunk Driving Accident Case
Victims of drunk driving accidents can pursue compensation for the losses they suffered in the accident. Our Hoover car accident lawyer can assign a value to your case by analyzing your economic and non-economic losses.
We can use information like receipts, invoices, and statements from you and your loved ones to understand how the accident impacted your life. Depending on the details of your case, you may be able to recover the following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
Drunk driving accidents can cause severe injuries. Let your Hoover attorney take on all the legal tasks involved in your case. You should be able to focus on recovering.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Hoover, call 877-562-0000
How Our Hoover Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Your Hoover drunk driving accident attorney can navigate the legal process for you. On your behalf, our team will:
- Investigate your case: We will analyze evidence, speak to witnesses, and determine how your accident occurred.
- Communicate with any relevant parties: You do not have to speak with insurers or the at-fault party when you hire us. We can represent you and negotiate for a fair settlement.
- Gather evidence: Our team is prepared to search for evidence we can use in your case. This could include photos, videos, witness testimony, the police report, and your medical records.
- Establish liability: We can help you prove the at-fault driver was drunk by referencing the police report and any breathalyzer test results. Your lawyer may also speak with bar or restaurant employees to find out how much the at-fault party drank before driving.
You do not need to handle any of these tasks alone. Drunk driving cases can become complex, so leave the legal work to our Hoover accident team.
Our Firm Serving Hoover Has a History of Success
We’ve helped our clients recover billions of dollars in settlements. Our former clients have been pleased with the outcome of their cases. They say:
- “When placed in an already traumatizing life-changing situation, our attorney Hamilton Jordan took the time to reassure our family that we will get through our son’s injury and recovery, and he has been beside us every step of the way!!” – Shannon K.
- “They have been kind, compassionate, they update me weekly and always go over and beyond to make sure I am okay and informed. I couldn’t ask for a better team!” – Ashley T.
Hoover Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
Our Hoover Drunk Driving Accident Attorney does Not Charge Upfront Fees
The drunk driving accident lawyers at Cory Watson Attorneys do not charge any upfront fees. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you do not pay us anything until your case is won or settled. Even once your case is settled, we do not expect you to pay us out of pocket. Your attorney receives an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation as payment for their legal services.
We also offer free consultations. Drunk driving accident victims can contact us to ask any questions they have about their case. A member of our team can provide legal advice and explain your options for seeking justice.
Your Lawyer Can Help You File a Lawsuit Against the At-Fault Party
After a drunk driving accident, you can sue the at-fault party to recover the compensation you need. However, you typically have a limited amount of time to do so. In Hoover, AL, you generally must file your personal injury lawsuit within two years, according to AL Code § 6-2-38.
You can also pursue a wrongful death case if your loved one passed away in a drunk driving car accident. Typically, you have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit as outlined in AL Code § 6-5-410. When you work with our team, we can explain who is eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Your family could recover compensation to pay for your loved one’s funeral and burial services.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team in Hoover Can Help You Prove Liability After a Drunk Driving Accident
Before you can begin pursuing compensation, we must determine fault for your car accident. Our team can help you establish negligence, which involves proving that:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care
- They breached their duty of care by driving drunk
- Their negligence was the cause of your accident and the injuries you suffered
- You suffered damages as a result of the drunk driver’s actions
All drivers are expected to maintain a duty of care. This means they should follow the rules of the road and drive sober. If the liable driver was found to be drunk, they could face steep consequences.
What to Do after a Drunk Driving Accident in Hoover
There are a few steps you should take after a drunk driving accident in Hoover. These include:
- Visiting a doctor: You should see a doctor no matter how you feel after an accident. Even if you feel fine, you could be injured. A doctor can give you medical advice and offer a treatment plan for you to follow.
- Completing your physician-recommended treatment: Complete the treatment your doctor suggested in full. The at-fault party may try to claim that you were not seriously injured if you do not take your treatment plan seriously.
- Gathering evidence: Any evidence you can gather at the scene of the crash may be useful to your case. Photos, videos, and witness contact information can help your lawyer build your case.
Once you are safe, contact a Hoover drunk driving accident lawyer from our firm. We’re ready to get started on your case.
Reach Out to Cory Watson Attorneys to Get Started on Your Jefferson or Shelby County Drunk Driving Accident Case
You can begin acting against the at-fault driver when you reach out to Cory Watson Attorneys. Our team knows how to handle drunk driving accident cases.
Call us today for a free consultation. A member of our team can offer you legal advice and explain how a Hoover drunk driving accident lawyer can benefit your case.