Debilitating health problems can result from slip and fall accidents, including head and spinal cord injuries. With such severe effects following a fall, victims often suffer financial and personal consequences, including high medical bills, lost income, and loss of enjoyment of life. If someone else’s negligence or recklessness caused your fall, you shouldn’t have to pay the financial and personal costs associated with the accident.
At Cory Watson Attorneys, you can gain peace of mind during the legal process. While we file your case, negotiate for an appropriate financial award, and communicate with the at-fault party, you can focus on your priorities. We will update you regularly about your case’s status and answer any questions you have along the way. Allow our team to take on the burden of personal injury law on your behalf.
What Can Our Collierville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Do for You?
After a slip and fall accident, it can be overwhelming to consider your next steps. You’re already dealing with your physical recovery, so let us deal with the rest. During your free consultation, we can tell you more about the services we offer injured people in Tennessee. These include:
- Investigating the cause of your slip and fall accident
- Uncovering potentially liable parties, including property owners, property managers, other tenants and guests, maintenance technicians, and more
- Demonstrating the negligence or recklessness of the at-fault party with the evidence we uncover
- Filing your case with the appropriate court
- Following the rules and deadlines that apply to your circumstances
- Communicating with the insurance company and the at-fault party
- Negotiating for what you deserve so that the insurer doesn’t get away with denying or limiting your compensation
- Taking your case to court if we cannot resolve your case outside of court
These are just a few of the services we offer our slip-and-fall accident clients. Our priority throughout your case is to limit the tasks on your plate while we fight for what you need to move forward from your accident.
Our Results and Testimonials Speak for Themselves
While we can’t estimate what your case will be worth without a thorough review of your personal losses, we can give you an idea of what may be possible in your case. Over nearly four decades, we’ve recovered more than $3 billion on behalf of injured people in Tennessee and Alabama.
These results make a difference for people whose daily lives have been uprooted by the negligence of others. Here’s what our clients have to say about the quality of our services:
- “They helped us navigate through difficult legal issues. The entire staff is very knowledgeable and professional. The dedication and time that Cory Watson took to resolve our issues has left us forever grateful. We have recommended them to many friends and family all receiving the same outstanding service.” – Joe T.
- “I went through terrible trauma and to know that the firm had our best interest in mind during a long process of dr appointments, mounting debt and stress from the accident was beyond the call of duty. I am thankful they were there by me and my husband every step of the way. If you need an attorney Cory Watson is the firm!” – Tracey W.
Our Collierville slip and fall accident lawyer can work on your behalf to secure the best possible outcome for your situation, too. You can give us a call today and learn more about your options during a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Collierville, call 877-562-0000
Compensatory Damages for Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Tennessee
The negligent party owes you compensation for your expenses, professional losses, and personal suffering. The things you’ve lost as a result of your fall are called damages, and these are what we fight to recover.
A slip-and-fall settlement or court-ordered award could help you recover the money you spent or may lose because of the accident. These losses are economic damages, which include:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your accident
To calculate what you’ve lost, we will add up your expenses and unearned income using receipts, bills, pay stubs, and other evidence. We will do our best to account for everything, including the cost of your future medical needs.
Non-economic damages are subjective, personal losses relating to your physical and emotional health. Therefore, there are no receipts to help us quantify this kind of loss. Examples of non-economic losses include:
- Impaired quality of life
- Emotional anguish
- Mental distress
- Physical pain
- Lost independence
- Lost mobility
- Changes to your appearance
If the accident has changed your life in any way, we want to know about it. We will use your testimony and the testimony of your physician to fight for the compensation that will mitigate your current and future suffering.
Collierville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
Determining Liability in a Collierville, TN, Slip and Fall Case
To prove that someone else is liable (financially responsible) for your injuries, your attorneys will need to demonstrate that the responsible party caused or contributed to your fall. To do this, they will gather evidence to meet the four criteria of negligence:
- Duty of care. The liable party, for example, the property owner, owed you a duty of care to keep the premises clear of tripping hazards.
- Breach of duty of care. The property owner knew of dangerous walking conditions (or should have known about them) and neglected to repair the issue or post adequate warnings of the hazards.
- Cause. The property owner’s failure to repair the tripping hazard resulted in your fall.
- Damages. You suffered injuries and other losses because of the accident.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
It may be difficult to tell if you have a case while you’re still reeling from the accident. While this list is not all-inclusive, here are common examples of preventable slip and fall hazards:
- Wet or icy floors and pathways
- Overgrown or unswept walkways
- Unstable handrails
- Tripping hazards like rugs, cords, and clutter
- Potholes, cracks, and uneven flooring
Whatever the cause of your fall, we can uncover the liable party and demonstrate the part they played in your accident.
Contact our Collierville, TN, Personal Injury Attorney today
Choose Cory Watson Attorneys for Your Collierville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
If you are recovering from an injury after a slip and fall accident in Collierville, you should explore your legal options for compensation. Don’t suffer in silence, and don’t take on all the costs of an accident you did not cause.
Call today to speak with our injury attorney team about your losses following a slip and fall accident in Tennessee. We can assess your options for financial recovery and tell you more about our services.
Call or text 877-562-0000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form