A Collierville, TN Car Accident Lawyer could go after the negligent party and seek the monetary damages you deserve for your injuries and losses. It is bad enough that you got hurt in a collision that wasn’t your fault. You should not also have to bear the financial losses from that crash.
Cory Watson Attorneys can help you hold the careless party accountable for the harm you suffered.
Who Could Be Liable for a Collierville, Tennessee Car Accident?
A person is not automatically liable simply for being in a motor vehicle collision. They have to have done something wrong that caused the crash to be responsible for the economic consequences.
Let’s walk through how Tennessee law evaluates the issue of liability in these cases:
- The other party must have owed you a duty of care. Everyone who operates a motor vehicle on public streets in our state has to keep a careful lookout for other vehicles and follow traffic laws.
- The other driver must have violated their legal duty. Perhaps the driver was playing car karaoke with their passengers and live-streaming their singing on social media. The driver’s attention was diverted from the acting of driving, which meant that they were not maintaining a careful lookout for other vehicles. The driver was negligent.
- Negligence by itself does not make one legally liable, but the party can be accountable if their carelessness causes a collision. In our scenario, the singing driver was looking at the camera instead of the traffic and did not slow down when the light changed. The driver crashed into your car as a result.
- You must have measurable losses from the car accident. If you have physical injuries or car damage from the collision, those losses satisfy this facet of the evaluation.
When we can prove all four of these factors, Tennessee law allows us to pursue the at-fault party for monetary damages.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Collierville, call 877-562-0000
Causes of Collierville, TN Car Accidents
Many different things can cause motor vehicle collisions, including:
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Reckless driving like road racing
- Distracted driving
Most crashes are the result of accidental mistakes. Sometimes, however, things like road rage that leads to intentionally aggressive driving can cause collisions. In those situations, we prove that the intentional conduct caused the car crash to hold the at-fault party liable.
In some motor vehicle accidents, a third-party caused or contributed to the crash. For example, a mechanic can be liable if their faulty repair work left a car unable to brake in time to avoid a collision.
Collierville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
How Much You Can Get in Compensation for Your Car Accident Losses
Every accident is different, so we can analyze various factors to determine the amount you might recover for your Collierville claim. We can discuss the accident and your injuries, investigate your situation, and calculate the approximate amount of your losses.
Here are some of the common types of damages we can pursue:
- Medical expenses
- Past lost wages if you had to miss work to recuperate
- Future lost wages if your wounds cause long-term problems that diminish your earning potential
- Long-term care if catastrophic injuries require you to hire someone for personal care
- Pain and suffering to compensate you for the physical discomfort and emotional distress of your injuries
- Chronic pain, weakness, decreased range of motion, and loss of function because of your wounds
If a close family member died in a car accident, we may be able to file a wrongful death claim seeking additional compensation such as funeral costs.
No Upfront Collierville Lawyer Fees
Some people hesitate to hire a lawyer, thinking that attorneys are too expensive. We believe everyone should have access to legal help when they need it, so we use a contingency fee arrangement. This means you won’t pay any upfront legal fees.
If we win, and you obtain compensation, we receive a percentage of the total settlement package or court award. You will not owe us any attorney fees if you do not win. We follow a strict “no fee unless you win” policy. Further, we offer a free initial consultation, so you can tell us your story and we can discuss options without any pressure or obligation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Tennessee Statute of Limitations
If you wait too long to take legal action, you could lose all rights to compensation for your losses, according to the American Bar Association. You only have one year to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit under TN Code § 28-3-104.
If you don’t file by the deadline, you may be giving up your right to seek compensation through a lawsuit or negotiate a settlement with the insurance company.
How a Lawyer Can Help With Your Collierville Car Accident Case
When you put your case in the hands of a Collierville, TN car accident lawyer, you get to relax and focus on your health and wellness. At Cory Watson Attorneys, we can keep track of the statute of limitations, file all of your paperwork, and see that your case adheres to all procedural rules.
In addition, you won’t be bothered by the claims adjuster or the defendant because they aren’t allowed to contact you when you have a lawyer handling your case. We can investigate the crash, prepare and send a demand letter to the defendant’s liability carrier, and negotiate with them on your behalf. If the case doesn’t settle, we can file a lawsuit and represent you at trial.
Going through a car accident is stressful enough, especially when you have injuries to deal with. Let us handle the stress of your legal tasks and case. It is easy to get started with Cory Watson Attorneys. Contact our office today to schedule your free initial consultation.