Slips and falls are not accidents. They result directly from another party’s negligence. In these situations, you can pursue damages from the at-fault party. But how?
Our Nashville slip and fall accident lawyers advocate for people in your situation. Cory Watson Attorneys has almost 40 years of experience recovering damages. Financial recovery in your case could account for your injury-related losses. You can start a free case review now.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Attorney in Nashville?
You may have heard the term “contingency-fee basis.” That refers to the payment arrangement we extend to many of our clients. Here, we don’t charge upfront rates or payments. We take a percentage of your settlement to account for our services.
As noted, we also offer free case reviews. This gives you the chance to share your story and explore your legal options. There is no obligation to partner with us when you call. We want to put your mind at ease in the aftermath of your slip and fall.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Nashville, call 877-562-0000
We Advocate for Those Who Have Fallen in These Locations
Whether you fell on or public or private property, you have legal rights. All property owners, regardless of whether they own a business or a house, must keep lawful visitors safe. This may entail placing warning signs, removing hazards, or even sealing off dangerous areas. If another party knew (or should have known) about a hazard on their premises, and you slipped and fell, they could have liability for your losses.
Our attorneys advocate for people who have slipped and fallen in:
- Grocery stores
- Big box department stores
- Parking lots and parking garages
- Entrances to public buildings
- Swimming pool areas
- Theme parks
- Public institutions, such as schools and libraries
- Hotels and resorts
Don’t let the other party downplay your accident and injuries. You have rights under the law.
Nashville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
You Can Recover These Damages After Your Nashville Slip and Fall
Compensatory damages in Tennessee fall into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are losses that come with billing statements and invoices. They apply to your direct monetary losses. Examples include:
- Healthcare expenses, including ambulance rides and doctors’ visits
- Lost income, tips, commissions, gigs, and bonuses
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs
- Temporary transportation costs
- Childcare expenses
Non-economic damages refer to your personal struggles. They do not come with supporting documentation. Instead, we evaluate their values based on your situation. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
This isn’t an exhaustive list of damages you can seek via a claim or lawsuit.
What Is Tennessee’s Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases?
Tennessee Code § 28-3-104 explains that you have one year to file your slip and fall accident lawsuit. Our filing period generally begins from the date of your fall. This is a very strict deadline. Filing your case within this deadline preserves your right to damages and allows you to file a lawsuit. Missing the deadline invalidates your right to damages—even if you suffered serious harm.
Our law firm has many obligations when managing your case. One of those obligations is managing its deadlines. Cory Watson Attorneys will preserve your right to damages by tracking your case’s statute of limitations. You can learn more about this process during your free case evaluation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Our Slip and Fall Accident Team Can Do for You
Here’s what you can expect from our legal team serving Nashville:
- Prompt communication. We always keep you updated on your case’s progression. You can reach us via phone call or email––whatever method works best.
- Advocacy. We don’t work for insurance companies. We never have. We’ve always advocated for slip and fall accident claimants. We will protect you from the liable insurance company’s bad faith insurance practices, as well as anything else that tries to stall your case.
- An investigation. We’re more than personal injury lawyers; we’re also seasoned investigators. We will examine your case from many angles to determine fault, liability, and what you’re owed. Our team will also gather the evidence necessary to support your case, which may include the accident report, your damages’ invoices, and testimony from witnesses.
You have one goal: to recover damages. That’s our goal, too.
What Do Previous Clients Share About Cory Watson Attorneys?
Our founding partners, attorneys Ernest Cory and Leila H. Watson, have tirelessly advocated for injured people for decades. Their team has managed cases that many lawyers would turn away from. About their team’s commitment and quality of service, clients share:
- “If you are looking for a law firm that will go the extra mile for you Cory Watson Attorneys is the best choice you could make. No other firm compares to the passion and care the attorneys, case managers and intake representatives give every day. I can truly say they give a 110 % to make sure their clients are getting the best care and largest settlements they can get.” ––A.D.
- “I highly recommend Cory Watson Attorneys. Everyone I have worked with has been very friendly, professional and accommodating to make this process as smooth as it could possibly be. Ms. Watson, Mr. Caldwell, Mr. Jordan and Ms. Nielson have all been a delight. I appreciate all the hard work they did to win my case.” ––S.A.
We want you to feel confident in your decision to partner with us. While we can’t undo your slip and fall, we can champion your rights and seek what you need.
Connect With Cory Watson Attorneys Now
Are you ready to discuss your slip and fall accident case with our team in Nashville? Look no further for legal help. We’re here to manage your case’s many obligations and recover the damages you need. To begin your free case review, call now. Remember: Tennessee has a very strict statute of limitations. The sooner you act, the sooner you can preserve your right to damages.
Nashville Office Location1033 Demonbreun St., Ste. 300
Nashville, Tn 37203