Personal injury law encompasses any negligent action that results in physical, mental or emotional harm. Some examples of personal injury lawsuits include car accidents, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. The underlying factor in each of these scenarios is one person’s reckless actions causing harm to someone else.

If you or a loved one were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the physical pain, and emotional turmoil you experienced. At Cory Watson Attorneys, we will fight for the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.

Fill out our free case evaluation form to get started now. Your initial consultation costs nothing, and the details of your case are always confidential.

What should I do after I suffer an injury?

Report all injuries—including traumatic emotional events—to a health care professional. For serious injuries, contact emergency services for treatment right away. Do NOT assume that your injuries are minor. Evaluation by a medical professional is in the best interest of your health and can be a vital piece to building a strong personal injury claim. After starting medical treatment for your injuries, contact a reputable personal injury law firm for a review of your case.

Why do I need a personal injury lawyer?

An attorney with experience in personal injury law can best represent you and fight for your rights. The compensation that is awarded from a successful verdict or settlement can assist victims and their families during difficult times. If you are concerned that the negligent party will have no consequences for their actions and believe your rights should be defended, calling a personal injury lawyer is a step you should take.

How do I pay for your services?

Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means we collect no money from you unless we win your case through a successful trial verdict or settlement. We only get paid from the settlement we get for you. There are no fees for our services otherwise, which is important to remember when considering whether to hire a firm for your claim.

What is negligence?

Negligence is defined as a lack of care. It is exemplified by reckless behaviors that a reasonable person would not have displayed in the same situation. At the same time, negligence can also stem from necessary actions that were not taken that could have prevented the injury you sustained. Causing a car accident by running a red light is an example of negligent action. Causing a slip and fall by failing to mop up a spill is an example of negligent inaction.

What is liability?

When the party that caused your injury is found to be at fault they are liable for the damage and injury that was caused. Liability is the obligation of responsibility that the negligent party carries as a result of their recklessness.

What do I do if an insurance company or investigator contacts me?

Never sign any documents or discuss the events leading up to your injury, how it took place, or any details of the situation until you have consulted with a personal injury attorney. Doing so could weaken your case.

If my loved one died, can I file a claim against the party at-fault?

A wrongful death lawsuit can be brought against the person or entity that caused the passing of your loved one. Drunken driving collisions, medical malpractice, and workplace accidents are examples of some types of wrongful death lawsuits. Like other personal injury cases, the compensation awarded can cover funeral expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, or loss of companionship.

Contact Our Alabama Personal Injury Law Firm

At Cory Watson Attorneys, our skilled team of litigators is ready to assist you with your personal injury claim. During difficult times, you can trust that your case will be handled with compassion while we seek justice for the harm done to you and your loved ones.

From our offices in Birmingham, Nashville, and Memphis, we are proud to serve clients across Alabama and Tennessee.

To learn more about how we can help you, contact us today by calling (877) 562-0000, or simply complete the free case evaluation form on this page. It’s that easy.