Immediately following a car wreck, you may be shaken and upset. The crash was the other driver’s fault, but you’re worried about hospital bills, missing work, and supporting your family.
That’s why it’s smart to be prepared for whatever may happen. Have a plan in place so that you know what to do—and what not to do.
Follow these important steps to take after a car accident:
- Call the police. Move to a safe location, without leaving the scene of the accident.
- Get medical treatment. Check for injuries, and see your physician immediately. Many injuries, such as whiplash, concussion or muscle strains injuries may not be obvious until later. Don’t let the insurance adjuster choose a doctor for you-you have the right to choose your own.
- Collect important information. Take pictures of the scene of the crash. Trade names and phone numbers with other affected drivers. Don’t admit fault or blame the accident on anyone
- Notify your insurance company. A delay in reporting the crash can hurt your claim. Avoid signing any papers for the insurance adjuster without speaking to our attorneys first.
- File records of the car accident. Keep expense receipts and careful records of any details. Documents such as police reports or medical records can help strengthen your claim.
- Call an experienced lawyer. With over 38 years of experience, the car accident attorneys at Cory Watson are on your side. We are ready and willing to fight for you.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-562-0000
A Nationwide Law Firm with Extensive Car Accident Injury Experience
Remembering what to do after an accident isn’t always easy, but it is extremely important.
As a result of the car crash, you may face medical bills, co-pays, and extended time off work. Most insurance companies will not voluntarily repay you for all of your losses, and you need help protecting your rights.
This is when the car accident lawyers at Cory Watson Attorneys can help. Speaking with an experienced accident attorney can help you determine if you can recover damages for your injuries. We can advise you with the best legal steps to take with your case.
From our offices in Birmingham, Nashville, and Memphis, our experienced attorneys handle car accident claims across Alabama and Tennessee.
Contact our Car Accident Injury Attorneys
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we understand how confusing and frustrating life can become while you’re recovering from serious injuries. We can protect your rights, handle the insurance company, and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Were you or a loved one seriously injured in a car wreck? The experienced car accident lawyers at Cory Watson are ready to fight for you!
Call (877) 562-0000 or fill out the online case evaluation form on this page. Your initial consultation is free, and we only get paid if we win your case.
Don’t wait to reach out – contact us today!
Call or text 877-562-0000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form