By Adam W. Pittman on December 16, 2022
The weedkiller Paraquat has been linked to Parkinson’s Disease, along with prenatal neurodevelopmental toxicity similar to Parkinson’s disease.
Paraquat’s highly toxic nature has been well-known for years, leading manufacturers to go as far as dying it blue so users don’t confuse it with other liquids. Like RoundUp – a similar herbicide linked to cancer – there have been a growing number of Paraquat lawsuits due to its link to Parkinson’s disease.
If you believe you have a Paraquat case, contact a Cory Watson attorney today.
Here are five things to be aware of if you or someone you know has come into contact with Paraquat:
- Paraquat users are up to 2.5 times more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease than non-users.
- Paraquat, which originated in 1961, is used mainly for weed and grass control by commercial farmers, but anybody who has been exposed to the weedkiller could be eligible to file a lawsuit and recover financial compensation for their injuries by contacting an attorney.
- Paraquat is only intended for commercial users in the United States due to its toxicity. In fact, the weedkiller is so potent it is banned in many countries worldwide.
- Despite its devastating impact on public health, Paraquat usage is expected to continue to increase across the United States. In 2020, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reapproved use of the chemical for another 15 years in a controversial decision.
- Paraquat’s link to Parkinson’s disease is also common in herbicides that are identical to Paraquat, but have been manufactured under names like:
- Bonfire Herbidice
An Experienced Attorney Can Help with Your Paraquat Lawsuit
For a free legal consultation, call 877-562-0000
Cory Watson’s dedicated, experienced lawyers have handled thousands of dangerous chemical lawsuits for decades, and we believe you shouldn’t have to pay for a company’s negligence. Our legal team is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve for the suffering you have gone through.