By Adam W. Pittman on December 16, 2022
In 2022, the Cory Watson family remained dedicated and committed to serving our community and our clients. We are grateful to have overcome a tumultuous 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we have carried that perseverance and resilience into the new year and can look back on 2022 as a year of continued growth.
We feel grateful for the opportunity to reflect on the following awards, recognitions, and achievements that our attorneys, and entire staff, can be proud of – all of which ultimately signify the impact made on our clients and community:
Our firm takes great pride in the following key moments from 2022:
- 22 Cory Watson attorneys were ranked in the 2022 Super Lawyers class.
- 23 Cory Watson attorneys were recognized by 2022 Best Lawyers in America.
- Attorney Jerome Tapley earned the prestigious “Arkansas Traveler” Honor.
- Cory Watson announced Stephen Hunt as a new firm shareholder.
- Six Cory Watson attorneys were named B-Metro “Top Flight Lawyers”.
- Cory Watson was ranked in 2023 “Best Law Firms” By U.S. News – Best Lawyers in four practice areas – Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions, Personal Injury Litigation, Product Liability Litigation, and Medical Malpractice Law.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-562-0000
Overall, Cory Watson Attorneys has won more than 25,000 cases across the country, securing more than $3 billion in groundbreaking multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements. We take pride in having improved the safety of products for consumers worldwide, protecting our environment, and ensuring our clients get justice. Our attorneys are determined to continue doing so in the future.
Giving back to, and engaging with, our communities has also remained a pivotal focus and priority at Cory Watson.
Here is a glance at all of the community organizations and initiatives that the Cory Watson team has supported in 2022:
- Black Law Students Association – The University of Alabama School of Law
- First Light Center for Homeless Women and Children
- Laura Crandall Brown Foundation/Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance
- Magic City Bar Association
- Magic Moments – Wish Granting Organization for Children
- Homewood Athletic Foundation
- Children’s Hospital Sugar Plum Shop
- TumTum Tree Foundation
- United Way of Central Alabama Community Crisis Fund
- Vestavia Hills High School Tennis
- City of Vestavia (Christmas Tree Lighting)
- City of Trussville (Christmas Tree Lighting)
- Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association – Barristers Ball
- Corporate Partner in Holy Family Christo Rey Catholic High School Work Study Program
- Kitty Kat Haven and Rescue
- Greater Birmingham Auburn Club
- Awakening Church
- Miles Law School
- Simmons Middle School
- Taste of Teal
- Birmingham Veterans Day Parade
- Cornerstone Elementary School
- Equal Justice Institute
- No Kid Hungry
- Greater Birmingham Humane Society
- Redeemer Community Church
- Campus Outreach
- American Cancer Society
- Cumberland School of Law
- Oasis Counseling for Women and Children
- M-Power Ministries
- National CMV Foundation
- Faith Chapel Turkey Giveaway
- Ronald McDonald House
- Mitchell’s Place
- Liberty Park Dance Team
Additionally, our attorneys and staff have donated long hours and thousands of dollars in support of many other community non-profit agencies – most of which focus on children, education and making Alabama a better place to live.
Cory Watson is profoundly thankful and honored for another year to serve our clients. We look forward to serving our community and fighting for justice on behalf of our clients in 2023 and for many years to come.