When motorists in Vestavia Hills fail to live up to their obligation to drive safely, the accidents they cause can be devastating, especially for motorcyclists. If you’re injured because of a negligent or inattentive driver, and you don’t know how you’re going to pay your hospital bills and accident-related expenses, our Vestavia Hills motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to help you.
Cory Watson Attorneys is here to help you hold negligent drivers financially accountable for their actions. You deserve an attorney who will stand up to the insurance company and do right for you when you’re suffering through no fault of your own. Our team has been fighting for injured accident victims for over 38 years. We’ve collected over $3 billion in settlements for our clients and more importantly, we’re ready to fight for you too.
What Can Our Vestavia Hills Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for You?
You should not have to worry about fighting your own case while you are recovering. Our team is prepared to pursue the compensation you need while you rest, attend doctor’s appointments, and spend time with your family. Some of the tasks our personal injury lawyer will handle on your behalf include:
- Speaking to the insurance company: You can leave insurance communications to us. Sometimes insurers use tactics to try to get you to settle for less money than you deserve. They can take your words out of context and try to place blame for the accident on you. Let our team speak to the insurance company so you do not jeopardize your case.
- Gathering evidence: Your Vestavia Hills motorcycle accident attorney can collect evidence that includes the police report, photos, videos, and witness testimony. We can even hire expert witnesses to support your case.
- Completing your paperwork: Whether we decide to file an insurance claim, a lawsuit, or both, there will be paperwork to fill out. You don’t need to worry about filing forms correctly when you hire us. Our team can handle this task for you and make you aware of any filing deadlines that apply to your case.
When you are a Cory Watson Attorneys client, you will feel like a valued client for as long as we are working on your case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Vestavia Hills, call 877-562-0000
Who Is at Fault in Motorcycle Accident Cases in Vestavia Hills?
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by some form of driver error or negligence, examples of which include:
- Distracted driving (e.g., talking or texting while driving, changing the radio station, or eating behind the wheel)
- Following too closely
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Unsafe lane changes
With that said, driver error is not the only potential cause of motorcycle accidents. Equipment failures, such as defective tire blowouts or airbags that deploy without notice can also cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles, which may lead to an accident. In some cases, it’s a combination of driver negligence and equipment failure, such as a driver knowing their vehicle had a mechanical defect (e.g., underinflated tire) and not addressing the issue.
No matter what the cause of your motorcycle accident is, our attorneys will investigate it thoroughly and hold all the negligent parties accountable. We have a strong team of attorneys and staff who have experience gathering evidence and using it to find the at-fault party in your motorcycle accident case.
Vestavia Hills Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
What Are the Damages You Can Recover in a Vestavia Hills Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents almost always result in serious injury to the motorcyclist, and these injuries can be very expensive to treat. Accordingly, medical bills are often one of the economic damages we demand most frequently on behalf of motorcycle accident victims. Some of the other damages we may demand on your behalf include:
- Lost income
- Cost of repairs to your motorcycle or any personal property damaged in the accident
- Replacement value of your motorcycle if the estimated repair cost is higher than its market value at the time of the accident
- Motorcycle removal and towing costs
- The cost of transporting you from the accident scene to medical facilities
Motorcycle accident victims can also demand non-economic damages as compensation for the physical pain or mental anguish they experience. Although non-economic damages don’t have dollar amounts, our attorneys are experienced in calculating them and making an appropriate demand in relation to your suffering. Your recoverable non-economic damages could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost enjoyment of life
How Much Is Your Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
No two accidents are exactly alike, which means every case we handle will have a different amount in damages. Our team can use evidence like your medical bills and motorcycle repair invoices to determine the cost of your economic damages. To understand the value of your non-economic damages, we can reference your doctor’s statements or statements from your friends and family.
Cory Watson Attorneys offers free case consultations if you’re interested in a neutral opinion on your case’s potential value. You can talk with our team, tell us what you’re going through, and give us a look at your medical bills (or any other evidence of financial losses). Once we have this information, we may be able to give you a better estimate of how much we would demand in your case.
Don’t Worry About Upfront Costs When You Retain Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Here at Cory Watson Attorneys, we work on a contingency-fee basis. Our Vestavia Hills motorcycle accident lawyers will fight your case, but we will not bill you for our services unless we win in court or reach a settlement. We only accept payment once your case is settled.
This allows you to hire our firm regardless of your current financial situation. You can also avoid spending any money out-of-pocket to fight your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Cory Watson Attorneys for Help With Your Motorcycle Accident Case Today
If you were hurt in a motorcycle collision, allow our team to build your case. The legal process can feel challenging when you attempt to handle it yourself.
Don’t wait to get started on your case. Our team is prepared to help you, and we are available to speak with you during a free consultation. Call us today to get started.