The moments following a car accident can be confusing. You may be hurt, in need of help, and unsure of where to turn. While you try to focus on recovering, you are likely worried about hospital bills, missing work, and supporting your family. The Memphis car accident lawyers at Cory Watson Attorneys can help. We have fought to get the maximum compensation that victims just like you need to move forward after a severe injury, and our lawyers want to help you, too.
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, contact us today at (901) 402-2000 or simply fill out the case evaluation form on this page. Our initial consultation is 100% free, and we only get paid when we win your case. Our Memphis office is conveniently located on the corner of Court Ave and North 4th Street (only a few blocks north of AutoZone Park).
How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help You?
Our car accident attorneys are deeply familiar with the intricacies surrounding these types of accidents. They have knowledge and experience working with insurance carriers and other legal counsels to obtain fair compensation for the victim. Furthermore, they know the statutes of limitations and the paperwork required to litigate a car accident case.
Here are the different ways a car accident attorney from Cory Watson Attorneys can assist you:
- Manage the paperwork for the claim and lawsuit
- Collect key evidence from police reports, medical reports, photographs, witness statements, and more to identify the liable party and establish their negligence in the claim and to the jury
- Identify the full range of damages you have suffered and assign a fair value to them
- Communicate with the at-fault party’s insurance provider and attorney
- Negotiate a fair settlement for your damages, and if that is not possible, represent you in court
You do not have to fight for justice and compensation alone. We are here to preserve your legal rights with as much advice and assistance you need.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Memphis, call 877-562-0000
Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
Your total recoverable compensation will depend on your ability to prove the negligence of others involved in your collision and the damages you suffered. In addition, since Tennessee follows a modified comparative negligence model, the other party may try to suggest you contributed to the crash to diminish your award. An experienced attorney will be able to strategically defend you against these accusations to maximize your chance at a fair settlement award.
The damages you can seek may cover your economic and non-economic losses. These include:
- Past and future-accident-related medical expenses
- The present and future loss of income you have suffered due to taking time off from work for recovery
- Property damage, including the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish you had to endure after the accident
There is some relevant evidence you should try to preserve as soon as possible to protect your right to financial recovery. Your attorney will collect and analyze the following to prove your damages:
- Medical expense receipts
- Receipts related to car repairs
- Record of visits to a mental health professional or other healthcare providers
- Photographs of injuries and the damage to your vehicle
Memphis Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
Deadline to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
Every state gives victims a deadline within which they must pursue legal actions against a negligent person or entity that harmed them. If you file after this deadline, the court may dismiss your case.
In Tennessee, the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit is one year from the date of the accident, under Tenn. Code § 28-3-104. To seek financial reparations for property damage claims, you have three years from the accident date, per Tenn. Code Ann. § 28-3-105.
If you have lost someone to a car accident, you can file a wrongful death claim to seek damages, funeral costs, loss of consortium, and more. The deadline for this is one year from the date of the deceased’s death.
The Insurance Adjuster Is Not Your Friend
The insurance adjuster’s main goal is to protect the insurance company’s bottom line. Let’s face it—insurance companies are profit-driven. Your accident costs are not their priority, no matter what their advertisements say. Let Cory Watson Attorneys handle the insurance adjusters for you.
Having seasoned car accident attorneys on your side will protect you from aggressive tactics insurance providers may use to minimize liability in your case. An attorney will assist you in getting the compensation for your car repairs, medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Protect Yourself After a Car Accident in Memphis
While you can’t change what happened in the accident, there are several steps you can take to strengthen your auto accident claim:
- File records of the car accident. Include any photos, videos, and information you may have collected at the scene of the crash.
- See your physician immediately. Don’t let the insurance adjuster choose a doctor for you—you have the right to choose your own.
- Call your insurance company. A delay in reporting the car accident can hurt your claim.
- Don’t sign anything for the insurance adjuster.Insurance companies will sometimes send an adjuster to the scene of an accident to gather information while you are vulnerable.
- Keep a journal detailing how you feel after the accident.As time passes, it can be challenging to recall the exact events of the accident. So it is prudent that you record the details and how you felt as soon as possible.
- Keep receipts and records of expenses.Documents such as medical records or receipts for household services can strengthen your claim.
- Call a lawyer. The auto accident attorneys at Cory Watson will fight for you.
Knowing what to do after a wreck is critical. Our team is here to guide you through it. You can request your free case review now.
Contact Us 24/7 for a Free Case Review
When you have been injured in a car accident, it’s easy to get the help you need. Our car accident lawyers in Memphis are ready to fight for you. We have more than 38 years of experience helping the injured, and we know what it takes to build successful claims against big insurance companies.
Call Cory Watson Attorneys at (901) 402-2000 or fill out our free initial consultation form. It takes just minutes to contact us, and the initial consultation is always free. Don’t wait to reach out—contact us today.