Taylor A. Pruett is an associate attorney dedicated to seeking justice and righting wrongs in the Birmingham office of Cory Watson. She is passionate about advocating for her clients and empathizing with their experience.
“I have built my life around learning about, reflecting on, and caring for people. I’ve learned that to best connect with people, you must care about the little things. Often, the little things really are the big things,” said Taylor.
Taylor was inspired by one of her professors at Auburn University to consider law. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Cumberland School of Law, where she served as Chief Justice of the Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board.
Prior to joining Cory Watson Attorneys, she worked at a mediation firm and was an associate for a small plaintiffs firm where she helped lead attorneys obtain a $25 million settlement in a Deceptive Trade class action case.
Her compassion and devotion to justice brought her to the Class Action practice group at Cory Watson, where she focuses her practice on consumer protection, product liability, and personal injury litigation.
“Lawsuits pose some of the most stressful times in an individual’s life. Serving my clients through this difficult time is very important to me. I strive to alleviate some of the stress by navigating my clients through the legal process and by obtaining fair settlements and judgments,” said Taylor.
Taylor also enjoys giving back through volunteering and community involvement, inspired by this quote from Brené Brown: “What we know matters, but who we are matters more.”
She is an active member of Redeemer Community Church in Avondale, and is involved in the Birmingham Bar Association’s Young Lawyers and Women’s section.
Outside of the office, Taylor enjoys cycling, reading, and exploring the Birmingham food scene with her husband, Jackson.
- Alabama State Bar
- Greater Birmingham Auburn Club Board of Directors
- Judge James Edwin Horton Inn of Court
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Cumberland School of Law, Dean’s List
- Chief Justice of the Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board
- Member of the Cumberland National Moot Court Team
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch©, 2022
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star, 2021
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section and Women’s Section
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D.
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Arts, Communication and Political Science