Douglas A. Dellaccio, Jr.
Co-Chair, Complex Litigation Practice
T: (205) 271-7120
F: (205) 324-7896
T: (205) 271-7140
Doug Dellaccio, Jr., has always rooted for the underdog. So much so, in fact, that he chose to make a career out of it by representing injury victims. For more than 20 years, Doug has helped everyday people level the playing field against insurance companies and major corporations. He’s now an important part of the Cory Watson Attorneys litigation team.
A Birmingham native, Doug earned his undergraduate and Juris Doctor degree right where he grew up. Now, as a father, he and his wife raise their children in nearby Vestavia Hills and attend Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church in Homewood. Doug’s Alabama roots provide a sense of community, and he serves the state of Alabama on the Board of Directors for the Alabama Civil Justice Foundation, Alabama Association for Justice, and as a member of the Early Warning Panel for the City of Mountain Brook’s school system.
Doug’s spirit of helping extends into the courtroom. Doug’s proudest moment as an attorney was helping a family that had lost a daughter in a car crash. He took the case on—despite two other local well-respected law firms turning it down due to its difficulty—and helped the victim’s loved ones recover a settlement.
- Alabama State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2019
- Super Lawyers, 2012-2013, 2015-2018
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Law Firms
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorneys, 2013-2015, 2019
- B-Metro Magazine, TopFlight Attorneys, 2019
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Alabama Civil Justice Foundation, Board of Directors
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham