Adam W. Pittman
T: (205) 271-7123
F: (205) 324-7896
T: (205) 271-7132
Adam W. Pittman became a lawyer to help others who can’t fight for themselves. Early in his practice, Adam litigated civil rights and discrimination lawsuits on behalf of teachers, employees, and government workers. Adam now litigates against the most powerful corporations, and he fights to hold them accountable for defective products, fraud, and other deceptive practices.
Adam grew up in Birmingham, Alabama and received his undergraduate degree from Auburn University. He graduated from The University of Alabama School of Law, where he was named the best senior editor of the Alabama Law Review.
As a principal attorney at Cory Watson, he specializes in litigating consumer fraud and automotive defects.
Adam was part of the successful trial team in Cruz v. Nissan North America, where a Los Angeles County jury awarded plaintiffs a $24.9 million verdict after a five-week trial. The Cruz jury found that Nissan was negligent when it failed to issue a recall for the design of its SUV’s braking software and that this known software defect caused a deadly collision.
Adam was appointed class counsel by the federal court in the consumer class action Batista, et al. v. Nissan North America, which resulted in a nationwide settlement of claims that Nissan Pathfinders were sold with a known, systemic defect in their CVT transmissions.
He also represented the plaintiff in Lisk v. Lumber One, an important case before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals that opened the doors for consumers to bring class actions in Alabama’s federal courts for the first time.
Adam is honored to be the attorney his clients trust when the stakes are high. But it’s not enough just to win— he works hard to change corporate behavior for the better and make consumers safer.
Adam continues to hold strong roots in the Birmingham community. Adam is a member of the Alabama Association for Justice and is actively involved in the Association’s Emerging Leaders section. He is admitted to practice in the highest state and federal courts in Alabama, and handles complex litigation throughout the country.
Appointments & Representative Cases
- Class Counsel, Batista, et. al v. Nissan North America, Inc., 1:14-CV-24728-RNS (S.D. Fla.)
- Class Counsel, Cox v. Porsche Financial Services, Inc., 1:16-CV-23409-DGP (S.D. Fla.)
- Trial counsel for the Plaintiffs, Cruz, et al. v. Nissan North America, Inc., et al., BC 493949 (Cal. Super. Ct., Los Angeles County) ($24.9M verdict for Plaintiffs affirmed on appeal)
- Counsel of Record, Lisk v. Lumber One Wood Preserving, LLC, 792 F.3d 1331 (11th Cir. 2015)
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Birmingham Magazine’s Top Attorneys 2020
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Alabama Law Review, Senior Editor
- Best Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review: Maynard, Cooper & Gale Award, 2011
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice, Emerging Leaders Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Crisis Center Birmingham, Junior Board Member
- Alabama State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- Auburn University, B.A.