Without the protection of a car’s 3,000-pound steel frame, motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to injuries on the road. Helmets and protective gear can lessen the impact, but the risk for serious and life-threatening injuries in motorcycle collisions is higher than in any other crash.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury from a motorcycle crash that was not your fault, you may deserve compensation for your injuries and other damages. At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have detailed knowledge of Alabama’s personal injury laws and can help fight for the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
To learn more about your rights, contact our motorcycle collision lawyers today at (877) 562-0000 or fill out our free case evaluation form.
Common Types of Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Motorcycle crashes can often result in debilitating injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe bruising
These injuries can alter your lifestyle, often requiring extensive and expensive surgeries as well as lifelong care. If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Birmingham or anywhere in Alabama, contact us for a free initial consultation with a motorcycle collision lawyer at Cory Watson Attorneys.
We can fight to get the money you need to cover medical bills, prescriptions, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering.
We’re on Your Side
Motorcycle riders are saddled with an unfair reputation for driving recklessly. This kind of reputation can make defending the rights of motorcycle crash victims difficult as insurance companies will sometimes attempt to blame bikers for crashes and injuries they didn’t cause.
Fortunately, our dedicated attorneys are willing to take on the insurance companies to fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Strengthen Your Motorcycle Crash Claim
You can’t change what happened in the crash, but there are several steps you can take to strengthen your motorcycle crash claim:
- Keep records of the crash in a file, including any photos, witness accounts, and information you may have collected at the scene of the crash.
- Visit your doctor immediately. Don’t let the insurance adjuster choose a doctor for you—you have the right to choose your own physician.
- Contact the insurance company. A delay in reporting a motorcycle crash can hurt your claim.
- Don’t talk to the insurance adjuster. Don’t sign documents or give a statement without advice and representation—sometimes insurance companies will send an adjuster to discuss the case with you soon after the crash to gather information while you are vulnerable and shaken up.
- Keep a journal. Detail how you feel after the crash. It can be difficult to remember how painful simple actions were, like brushing your teeth or walking the dog, six or seven months after the collision.
- Keep receipts and records of expenses. Documents, such as medical records or receipts for household services, can strengthen your claim.
- Call an experienced lawyer. The motorcycle crash lawyers at Cory Watson Attorneys can help you with all of the items on this list. We are on your side.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle crash, the personal injury lawyers at Cory Watson Attorneys are ready to fight for you. Call (877) 562-0000 or fill out our free initial consultation form today.
As a leading national injury law firm, we serve motorcycle crash victims throughout the United States, as well as in communities throughout Alabama. Experienced help is just a call or click away— contact us today to get started.