Alabama Department of Transportation statistics show that thousands of truck accidents happen in our state every year—and a majority are caused by preventable mistakes made by someone involved with the accident.
To help prevent future truck accidents, drivers must practice defensive driving techniques and abide by traffic laws. By doing so, we can all do our part to create safer roadways for truckers and other drivers on the road.
If you were hurt or a loved one was killed in a truck accident, you may be eligible for compensation. At Cory Watson Attorneys, our truck accident lawyers know laws and trucking regulations in Alabama and Tennessee, and we want to help protect your rights.
Put more than 38 years of experience on your side today—call (877) 562-0000 or complete our free initial consultation form to get experienced help now.
Common Causes of Large Truck Accidents
In any truck accident lawsuit, it is important to determine who was at fault of causing an accident. Common contributing factors to tractor-trailer accidents can include:
- Bad weather conditions
- Defective equipment
- Driver exhaustion
- Improperly secured loads
- Inexperienced drivers
- Load shifts
- Poor road conditions
- Poor truck maintenance
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
- Unreasonable schedules
Our team of truck accident attorneys know what it takes to build a strong case, and we’re here to help determine the cause of your accident and hold the parties responsible for your injuries accountable for their negligence.
Truck Collision Safety Tips
Many crashes between large trucks and passenger vehicles can often be avoided by following the necessary safety tips. These safety tips can be used by both truck drivers and the drivers of passenger vehicles to reduce the total number of truck accidents throughout Alabama and nationwide each year.
- Allow trucks at least four to six seconds of space in wet conditions and traveling on the highway
- Always observe a trucks turn signal before passing
- Avoid truck no zones (blind spots) by maintaining visibility of mirrors
- Be more alert approaching a truck, as they control differently than cars
- Do not cut in front of any large vehicle as they require an increased stopping distance
- Do not pass a large truck on the right while it is making a right turn
- Report any unsafe driving to authorities
- When passing a truck; wait until the entire cab is in your rear-view mirror before signaling and pulling in front of it
Safety tips for truckers:
- Always drive defensively
- Always maintain your truck
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Be aware of your no-zone
- Eat well and stay fit to increase alertness
- Get plenty of rest before driving
- Keep your distance
- Notify traffic safety agencies of crashes, unsafe drivers, driving conditions, and other situations
- Reduce speed in work zones
By following these simple tips, everyone can help reduce the number of truck accidents on roadways in Alabama and across the United States.
Contact Our Experienced Alabama Truck Accident Attorneys
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have great sympathy for those injured in truck accidents. With more than 38 years of legal experience and over $3 Billion in recoveries, we’re prepared to put our experience and knowledge to work for you.
To learn more about how we may be able to help with your truck accident claim, call us today at (877) 562-0000 or complete our free case evaluation form. Contacting us is completely free, and the information you share will remain completely confidential.