Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Injured Clients Throughout Birmingham, Nashville and Memphis
Negligent truckers can cause devastating accidents.
If you suffered catastrophic injuries or your loved one was killed in a large truck or tractor-trailer accident in Alabama or Tennessee, you could be entitled to monetary compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A personal injury lawyer with Cory Watson Attorneys can help guide you through the legal process.
Call our legal team today at (877) 562-0000 or complete our free online consultation form to get your case review.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After a big truck crash, the trucking company and its legal team may already be working against you. If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by a truck, you need to protect your rights.
Sadly, you can’t change what happened in your accident, but you can take steps to strengthen your truck accident claim against the negligent parties:
- File records of the truck accident, including any photos, witness accounts, and information you may have collected at the scene of the crash.
- See your doctor immediately. Don’t let the insurance adjuster choose a physician for you—you have the right to choose your own.
- Do not talk to the investigator or attorney representing the trucking company without a lawyer. You may get a call from the trucking company’s investigator or attorney even while you are in the hospital. Take their contact information and tell them you will have your attorney contact them.
- Call your insurance company. A delay in reporting a truck accident can hurt your claim.
- Don’t sign anything. Insurance companies will sometimes send an adjuster to the scene of an accident to gather information while you are vulnerable.
- Write it down. Keep notes about how you feel after the accident. It can be difficult to remember how painful simple actions were, like cooking dinner or pulling a shirt over your head, six or seven months after the collision.
- Keep receipts and records of expenses. Documents, such as medical records or receipts for household services, can strengthen your claim.
- Call an experienced lawyer. The truck accident lawyers at Cory Watson Attorneys will fight for you.
Trucking Accident Verdicts and Settlements
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have experience handling accidents caused by big trucks and tractor-trailers. Our attorneys know laws and trucking regulations in Alabama and Tennessee, and we’re here to help build a strong claim on your behalf. With more than 38 years of experience, we have the resources to investigate your case and ensure your voice is heard.
Working with a truck accident lawyer can help you secure the compensation you’re entitled to. Our attorneys have had success in numerous cases involving trucking collisions. Some of the most notable include:
- $3.5 million tractor-trailer accident case
- $3 million tractor-trailer accident case
- $1.6 million 18-wheeler tow-truck accident case
- $1 million tractor-trailer accident case
Contact a Birmingham Truck Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a truck accident, contact Cory Watson Attorneys. We have experience defending the rights of victims against large trucking companies and insurance adjusters who are out to protect their bottom line.
Cory Watson understands the tremendous financial stress victims face following commercial truck accidents. Our firm represents clients on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay us anything unless you receive a financial award.
As a leading national injury law firm, we serve clients throughout Alabama and Tennessee. Help is just a call or click away—contact us at (877) 562-0000 or fill out our free case evaluation form today.