May 22nd, 2018|
Memorial Day is a day of remembrance, set aside for honoring those who have died serving our country. It also marks the unofficial start of the summer season. Many people celebrate the long weekend by going to the beach, lake, or road tripping with family and friends.
However, holiday celebrations, crowds, and fun tend to increase the risk of injury, so it’s important to do everything you can to keep yourself and your family safe this Memorial Day Weekend.
Don’t Drink and Drive this Memorial Day
The three-day weekend is typically filled with family activities, parties with friends, and a traffic-filled drive to the beach. Those plans may also involve alcohol, and there can be devastating consequences if an impaired driver gets behind the wheel.
Remember these simple Memorial Day Weekend safety tips to avoid injuries:
- Don’t drink and drive, or get in a car with an intoxicated driver
- Don’t use your cell phone while driving
- Wear your seat belt and make sure backseat passengers are buckled up
- Obey posted speed limits, even if you’re in a rush to get to your destination
- Have a designated driver available to take you home. Even a relatively small amount of alcohol can dangerously impair judgment and affect reaction times
- Practice water safety. If you’ll be out on a boat or by the pool, always wear a life jacket, and never leave children unattended.
- Don’t drink and operate a boat, watercraft, bike, or engage in activities like swimming that require good judgment and coordination
Remember Our Veterans and Their Families
Please remember to give thanks and offer prayers for our fallen soldiers and their loved ones. We are grateful to the service men and women who given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.
Think You Have a Case? Let Us Help.
If you or someone you love is injured or killed due to the negligence or wrongful action of another person, contact Cory Watson Attorneys for assistance. Our experienced Alabama personal injury attorneys can protect your rights and get the compensation that your family deserves. Schedule your free consultation by calling (877) 562-0000 today.
Stay safe and enjoy the long weekend!