August 29th, 2017|
There are many reasons to hire a lawyer if you have been injured. Here are some of the best benefits of hiring a lawyer to help you with your claim:
- A study conducted by the Insurance Research Council found that people who hired an attorney to assist them with a personal injury claim received almost 3.5 times more money on average than those who did not.
- Other studies from the Insurance Research Council have shown that an average of at least 50% of all personal injury claimants are represented by an attorney and that 85% of all money paid on personal injury claims is paid to those with attorney representation.
- “How could this be?” you might ask. Simply put, insurance companies make money by keeping as much of it as they can. It is not in their best interest to pay top dollar on a claim. Too often, unrepresented individuals do not know how to properly value a claim and settle for less than they could have received if they had a lawyer.
Preservation of Evidence
- The first days after an accident can be a critical time frame for gathering and preserving evidence. The insurance company will have their investigators at the scene conducting their own investigation.
- Hiring a lawyer early on allows you to have someone participate in this process on your behalf, to ensure that the scene is investigated properly and all evidence is preserved, including evidence that helps your case.
- Your lawyer will also be able to meet with and obtain statements from potential witnesses who may later disappear or be unavailable.
Peace of Mind
- When you or a loved one have been injured, your number one priority should be the healing process, not claims management.
- Hiring a lawyer early on in the process allows you to focus on healing, while your lawyer handles communications with law enforcement, the insurance company and medical providers.
- Speaking of medical providers, a skilled personal injury attorney will know the medical landscape in your area and can assist with specific doctor and clinic referrals to find the best medical help for you.
- Having a lawyer to help obtain the right medical care for you can be a huge benefit, especially in circumstances where an injured individual is uninsured or has no access to health care.
If you’ve been injured by the negligence of someone else, please consult with a skilled personal injury attorney in your area. Most will provide you with a free consultation to discuss your claim and will not charge any money unless they recover for you.
Remember, statistics show that individuals who retained attorneys to assist them with their claims received an average of almost 3.5 times the awards received by unrepresented individuals. You deserve quality representation.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU 24/7
If you have been injured as a pedestrian, or injured at all we are here to help. At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have made it our mission to fight for the rights of injury victims and their families for more than 30 years, and have recovered over $2.7 BILLION for clients.
Call (877) 562-0000 or fill out our online form to arrange for your FREE and CONFIDENTIAL case evaluation.
Insurance Research Council. (1994). Auto Injuries: Claiming Behavior and Its Impact of Insurance Costs. Malvern, PA: The Institutes.
Insurance Research Council. (1999). Paying for Auto Injuries: A Consumer Panel Survey of Auto Accident Victims. Malvern, PA: The Institutes.
Insurance Research Council (2014). Attorney Involvement in Auto Injury Claims. Malvern, PA: The Institutes