December 17th, 2020|
2020 brought its share of hardships and troubling circumstances to our families, communities and nation, but it was also a season of perseverance and growth for our firm. Ultimately, we reflect on 2020 with gratitude.
The Cory Watson family remained dedicated, resilient and hopeful in the face of numerous challenges this year, and we are thankful for the opportunity to look back on the positive moments, memories and milestones that prevailed despite trying times. These are key moments from 2020 that our firm takes great pride in.
- Cory Watson Attorneys celebrated recovering more than $3 Billion for clients
- Cory Watson Attorneys announced Hirlye “Ryan” Lutz as a shareholder
- Attorneys Adam Pittman and Curt Tanner were elected as principals
- Cory Watson Attorneys welcomed Julianne Zilahy and Taylor Pruett to our team of personal injury attorneys
- Firm Co-founder Leila Watson was named Lifetime Fellow of the Birmingham Bar Foundation
- Attorney Lauren Miller was recognized as one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s 2020 Women to Watch
- Thirteen Cory Watson attorneys ranked in the 2020 Super Lawyers class
- Eight Cory Watson attorneys were recognized as Top Attorneys of Birmingham 2020
- Four Cory Watson attorneys were recognized at Top Women Attorneys by B-Metro
- Three Cory Watson attorneys Recognized as NextGen: Rising Stars of Law 2020 by Birmingham Business Journal
- Cory Watson Attorneys received the US News Best Law Firms distinction
- Cory Watson Attorneys was named a finalist in the Tennessean’s 2020 Best of Music City award
Our team of attorneys has served our clients for more than 25 years, so we celebrated this anniversary by giving back to our community through a combination of 25 individual giveaways and philanthropic initiatives. Here is a brief glance at the community organizations initiatives that we are honored to have been involved with.
- American Heart Association
- The Arc of Central Alabama
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Birmingham
- The Birmingham Zoo
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
- Crisis Center Birmingham
- Empowerment Alliance
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Feeding Alabama
- Firehouse Ministries
- Folds of Honor
- Restoration Academy
- United Way of Central Alabama Community Crisis Fund
As a result of our perseverance, our firm has won over 25,000 cases across the country; securing a total of more than $3 Billion in groundbreaking multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients, as well as helping improve the safety of products for consumers worldwide.
The Cory Watson family is profoundly thankful and honored for another year to serve our clients. We look forward to giving back to our community in 2021 and into the future.