Rideshare services like Uber offer convenience, but they can also be risky. As a passenger, you expect your driver will drive safely, but that may not always be the case. If you were an Uber passenger involved in an accident or an Uber driver struck you, you could face staggering medical bills and serious, life-changing injuries.
You may be able to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, as well as the pain and suffering you experienced if you were injured or lost a loved one in an accident caused by an Uber driver. You can try to recover these damages on your own, or you can work with a Birmingham Uber accident lawyer with Cory Watson Attorneys.
Who Is Responsible for an Uber Accident?
In legal terms, negligence is careless or reckless behavior that puts others at risk of harm. If an Uber driver’s negligence led to an accident, they might be held legally and financially responsible.
Some of the most common types of negligence that cause car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including talking or texting on a cell phone
- Driving while intoxicated
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
- Weaving in and out of traffic
Too many Alabama drivers have been getting in more and more accidents. We want to serve the victims of these crashes. Our team can help if you were T-boned at 1st Ave N and 24th St N or rear-ended in traffic on I-65.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Birmingham, call 877-562-0000
Uber Drivers Have Insurance Coverage
According to the Alabama Department of Insurance, all Alabama drivers must carry liability insurance. If an off-duty Uber driver struck you, their personal liability insurance would cover your losses. The minimum insurance requirements are:
- $25,000 in bodily injury per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
If you were injured in an accident caused by an on-duty Uber driver, the insurance provided by Uber would cover your losses. Uber coverage provides drivers who are available or waiting for a ride request with:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 in property damage per accident
Drivers who are en route to pick up passengers or are transporting passengers have:
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury
- Contingent comprehensive and collision up to the actual cash value of a car with a $2,500 deductible
Our lawyers will investigate your Uber accident in Birmingham to determine who was at fault and which insurance coverage was in effect at the time of the accident.
Birmingham Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
Damages Available from an Uber Accident in Birmingham, AL
Every case is different, so our lawyers will examine the unique details of your case to determine the types and value of your damages. We cannot promise results, but we will work hard to get you the best possible outcome after your Uber accident. You may be entitled to an award that covers your:
- Medical expenses for emergency treatment, surgeries, prescription medication, and more
- Medical equipment such as crutches, braces, wheelchairs, and more
- Home modifications if you need to make your home accessible with wide hallways, modified bathrooms, and more
- Lost wages for unpaid time off work
- Pain and suffering if you become disabled, dismembered, suffer from chronic pain, experience a reduced quality of life, and more
Wrongful Death Damages After an Uber Accident
If your family member passed away in an Uber accident, you could recover punitive damages intended to punish the person who caused the wrongful death. No cap exists on the value of punitive damages that can be awarded in a wrongful death case.
In most cases, only the personal representative or executor of the estate for the deceased party can seek damages for a wrongful death. Our lawyers can guide you through determining who can seek wrongful death damages and how to do so.
Do You Need a Lawyer for an Uber Accident?
You never need a lawyer, but you may want one to help you seek damages after an Uber accident. Unless you have legal experience, you may be confused about:
- How much your damages are worth
- How to pursue damages from the at-fault driver
- When you need to submit important documents
What Our Team Serving Birmingham Uber Accident Victims Can Do for You
Mistakes can be costly; you may settle for less than you deserve or miss the deadline entirely, leaving you with nothing. Your lawyer will take over all legal and insurance aspects of your case so that you can focus on getting better. We will:
- Investigate your accident
- Look for evidence that the Uber driver’s negligence caused your accident
- Estimate how much your damages are worth
- File an insurance claim for you
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Case Results for Cory Watson Attorneys
We work hard every day to help victims of personal injury. Here are some case results we have obtained for our clients:
- $10 million wrongful death jury verdict for the family of Angela McCall, who was killed by a hit and run driver
- $25 million wrongful death jury verdict against Nissan for faulty brakes that caused an accident that killed three people
File Your Uber Accident Lawsuit Before the Alabama Deadline
Alabama limits how much time you have to file a lawsuit after an Uber accident. According to AL Code §6-2-38, you have two years from your accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit. According to AL Code §6-5-410, you have two years from the date your loved one passed away to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you wait any longer, you lose your right to sue the at-fault driver.
Certain situations can extend these deadlines. Our lawyers will examine the details of your case to look for any potential exceptions. We will make sure that you file your Uber accident lawsuit before time runs out.
Cory Watson Attorneys Is Ready to Help You
If you were hurt or lost a family member in an Uber accident in Birmingham, you might be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault driver. Our lawyer with Cory Watson Attorneys may be able to help you recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call today for a free case consultation. Our lawyers work on contingency, which means we don’t get paid unless you do.