Many people here in Birmingham enjoy riding motorcycles, particularly during the mild weather. Yet, collisions involving these vehicles happen––and when they do, the legal aftermath can be physically and emotionally taxing.
If you were injured or lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, Cory Watson Attorneys is ready to pursue what you need. A Birmingham motorcycle accident attorney from our firm can break ground on your case today. Exploring your options begins with consulting our team.
We Make Accessing Legal Representation Easy
When we handle a personal injury claim, like a motorcycle accident, we work on a contingency-fee basis. A contingency-fee arrangement means that you do not pay any upfront legal fees to retain our services.
We work through the entire case without getting paid for our help until the end. At that point, we receive a previously agreed-upon percentage of the amount you win. If you don’t recover anything, you don’t pay us a dime for our help.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Birmingham, call 877-562-0000
You Generally Have Two Years To File Your Civil Lawsuit in Alabama
You must file your case within Alabama’s statute of limitations. The American Bar Association warns that if you miss the deadline, you lose the right to seek compensation for your losses.
Consider these deadlines:
- AL Code § 6-2-38 notes that you generally have two years to file your motorcycle accident lawsuit. Your filing deadline begins from the date of your collision.
- AL Code § 6-5-410 says that you also have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit. The deadline begins on the date your loved one passed away.
You can trust Cory Watson’s motorcycle accident lawyers in Birmingham to manage each of these deadlines. That way, you don’t have to worry about losing your chance to seek compensation.
Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
Types of Recoverable Damages in Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorcycle accident is different, so it is impossible to say how much compensation you might recover. One person might escape a motorcycle collision with only scrapes and bruises, while another individual might have catastrophic injuries, like paralysis.
Still, it can help to know about possible recoverable expenses, which may comprise:
- Lost wages. We will review your employment records and consult with experts in your field to calculate this loss. You can recover more than lost wages; you can also recover lost tips, bonuses, benefits, and commissions.
- Future lost wages. Your motorcycle accident might harm your future earning ability. You might have to change jobs or take a lower-paying position. Compensation can account for both of these hardships.
- Medical bills. Typically, you can pursue recovery for the reasonable cost for the medical treatment you needed for your injuries. These expenses can include the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospital, surgery, physical therapy, and pain management, among other things.
- Future medical bills. If you will need medical treatment in the future because of your injuries, we can usually include this estimated expense in your injury claim. For instance, you might need plastic surgery down the road or some other procedure. Your settlement or court award can account for any anticipated operation.
- Long-term care services. You might need to stay in a specialized treatment facility or need a nurse to routinely come by your home. Long-term care could be needed after spinal cord damage, head trauma, or other significant injuries.
- Pain and suffering. This category addresses the physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress from the accident and your injuries. We will calculate your pain and suffering based on various aspects of your situation, including your mental health.
- Other non-economic damages. In addition to pain and suffering, you can seek other intangible losses, such as disability, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of consortium.
You Can Pursue Compensation if You Lost a Loved One
We’re deeply sorry if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. While compensation can’t fully heal your trauma, it can make the financial matters related to your loss easier. We’ve helped many grieving families recover damages for:
- Funeral costs, including the burial plot and cremation
- End-of-life healthcare expenses, such as hospice or palliative care
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
Our wrongful death lawyers want to support your family during this challenging time in your life. During your free case review, we’re eager to learn about how we can best serve you.
You Have the Right To Partner With Our Team on Your Injury Claim
Alabama law does not force you to hire a Birmingham motorcycle accident attorney to handle your injury claim, but doing so can be a wise decision. When we take care of your legal matters, you get to focus on getting better. In the meantime, we will:
- File your claim and/or lawsuit
- Investigate your case and gather evidence
- Itemize your losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Manage all communications with those involved
- Explain your next steps
- Advocate for your legal rights
You do not have to go through this traumatizing experience alone. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys are ready to stand by your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Hold the At-Fault Party Financially Accountable for Their Actions
We may pursue compensation from:
- The driver of a motorcycle you were riding as a passenger
- A person riding on the back of your motorcycle that you were driving, whose carelessness caused the accident
- The motorist who struck you
- A city, county, or state entity that failed to maintain a safe roadway
- A third party that spilled or dumped debris or liquids on a road’s surface, causing your accident
These are a few examples of the parties that could be responsible for your injuries and losses. The facts of your case will determine who should pay for your financial compensation.
We Offer Free Case Reviews to Interested Claimants
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we devote our law practice to helping people who get hurt due to the negligence of others. We are happy to offer a free initial consultation with no obligation.
During our conversation, we can discuss your case’s possible outcome, explain your legal rights, and address your concerns. We’re ready to hear your story now. Consult our team by dialing (205) 328-2200.