A fatal car accident can overwhelm your family in many ways. Not only are you facing the loss of a loved one, but you may have concerns about certain expenses. For instance, how will you pay for their funeral? How will you afford their outstanding medical bills?
With the help of a Birmingham fatal car accident lawyer, you can put those worries aside. Cory Watson Attorneys advocates for families in your situation. We want to break ground on your case today.
Recoverable Damages After Losing a Loved One to a Fatal Car Accident
Compensable damages refer to any loss stemming from your loved one’s passing. This includes reimbursement for the emotional trauma you’ve endured. After evaluating your situation, our team will assemble a demand letter that requests damages for:
- Final healthcare expenses, such as hospice and life support
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of replacing or repairing your loved one’s vehicle
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reports that funerals can cost thousands of dollars. You shouldn’t have to cut corners when laying your loved one to rest. Your settlement or court award can account for your loved one’s funeral, burial, and memorial fees.
We’ve Recovered Damages for Wrongful Death Claimants Before
Cory Watson Attorneys has more than 30 years of experience advocating for people in your situation. Some of our case results include:
- A $25 million verdict. We once filed a lawsuit against Nissan after a vehicle’s faulty brakes killed three people.
- A $10 million verdict. Our team represented a grieving family following a hit-and-run accident. We secured this verdict after a tough courtroom battle.
These are just two outcomes we’ve secured for fatal car accident cases. These results may not reflect your own. Yet, we’re confident in our ability to secure the best possible results for your injury claim.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accidents lawyer serving Birmingham, call 877-562-0000
Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyers in Birmingham Can Manage Your Case
Our team will do everything in our power to recover compensation for your fatal car accident case. We will:
- File your claim. This involves sending your demand letter, determining the liable party, and fighting for what you need.
- Collect supporting evidence. We need evidence to compel the insurer to settle. This information could include the police report, traffic camera footage, and your loved one’s medical records.
- Prove negligence. With the information we find, we aim to prove that because another party acted negligently, you were hurt and deserve damages. The negligent party could be a motorist, another road user, or a government agency. It depends on your situation.
- Calculate your losses. To calculate what you’re owed, we’ll consider the details of your loved one’s passing, their passing’s effect on your life, and other related factors.
- Manage all insurance-related communications. Your case is the most important thing to you right now. As for the insurance company? Not so much. To its representatives, you’re just another case number. We’ll ensure your claim is fairly considered and processed by the liable insurer.
- File your lawsuit. We hope to resolve your case through an insurance claim. Yet, our trial-ready lawyers have decades of experience in the courtroom. You can trust that we’ll manage each of your lawsuit’s obligations.
Each fatal car accident case in Birmingham comes with its own obligations. We will craft a strategy that meets your situation.
We Provide Help on a Contingency-Fee Basis in Alabama
As noted, even your loved one’s funeral could cost thousands of dollars. You shouldn’t have to worry about your financial obligations at a time like this––and our attorney’s fees are no exception. We offer help on contingency. In this arrangement, you:
- Pay nothing up front or out of pocket
- Don’t pay anything until your case’s successful conclusion
- Don’t pay retainers or hourly rates
You can learn more about contingency-based-representation during your complimentary case review. During our discussion, our team will listen to the details of your loved one’s passing. We’ll also answer your questions, address your concerns, and put your worries at ease.
We Will File Your Lawsuit Within Alabama’s Statute of Limitations
You can take all the time in the world to grieve. You cannot, however, take all the time in the world to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
Alabama Code § 6-2-38 defines the statute of limitations for the state. You generally have two years to file your lawsuit. Your filing deadline begins from the date of your loved one’s passing.
Once we learn about your case, we’ll work to prevent any deadlines from expiring on your lawsuit. That way, you retain the right to seek damages via the court system.
Birmingham Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
You Don’t Want to Navigate the Claims Process on Your Own
You have enough on your plate after losing a loved one. You don’t have the time or energy to learn Alabama’s civil laws. However, our lawyers have the knowledge necessary to resolve your case. We know (and can explain):
- Who can legally file a wrongful death case in Alabama
- What specific damages family members can recover
- The state’s car accident and wrongful death laws
- How to file an insurance claim or lawsuit
- How to calculate non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
We also have insight gathered from our years of experience. For instance, we can estimate your non-economic damages’ based on cases similar to yours. We hope to instill confidence in our legal abilities from the outset of your case.
Contact our Birmingham Car Accident Lawyers today
Begin Your Free Case Review With Cory Watson Attorneys
When you’re ready to pursue damages after your loved one’s collision, reach out to Cory Watson Attorneys. Our compassionate team wants to learn your story and advise you on a course of action. We have many goals when we take on a wrongful death case. But above else, we want to recover compensation for your losses.
To get started, connect with our firm now. We serve car accident claimants in Birmingham and the surrounding area.
Call or text 877-562-0000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form