If a drunk driver caused your collision in Jefferson County, you have the right to seek restitution for your medical bills, lost income, and other injury-related expenses.
Our Birmingham drunk driving accident lawyers, know how to recover compensation for your losses. We will listen to your story, file your claim, and negotiate what you need using our extensive legal experience and dedicated legal staff.
If You Have a Case, We Will Show How Another Driver’s Negligence Harmed You
The American Bar Association (ABA) mandates that to recover compensation in a car accident case, we must prove negligence. This involves showing:
- Another party owed you a duty of care to operate their vehicle safely.
- They violated their duty of care.
- Their violation caused your accident.
- The accident caused damages to you and/or your loved ones.
All motorists in Birmingham have a duty of care. Drunk driving, in almost every case, clearly violates that duty of care because it puts others at risk of harm.
Drunk Driving Threatens All Road Users
Per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drunk driving is dangerous because:
- It reduces the driver’s brain function.
- It impairs the driver’s cognitive skills.
- It slows the driver’s reflexes.
- It worsens a driver’s coordination.
Drunk driving may cause a driver to be tired, distracted, or otherwise dangerous. For these reasons, a drunk motorist is an extremely dangerous motorist.
Can Other Parties Be Liable for Your Drunk Driving Accident?
Yes. Any party that contributed to your accident could be liable. This may include an institution that overserved the drunk driver. Yet, intoxication may have been just one contributing factor in your accident. Other contributors may include:
- A government entity that didn’t maintain a roadway
- A product manufacturer that created a faulty vehicle
- Pedestrians who don’t have the right-of-way
- An employer who allowed an intoxicated employee to work
- The parents of a teenage drunk driver
Our team will evaluate your case and determine who is responsible for your losses. We may find that multiple parties share liability.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Birmingham, call 877-562-0000
Cory Watson Attorneys Will Handle Each Aspect of Your Case
Our team of attorneys fights tirelessly for each client. We’ll evaluate the settlement amount that you deserve, and we’ll accept nothing less. We will:
- Investigate your accident: We’ll obtain any relevant evidence—toxicology reports, video footage, witness accounts, and more––to prove your accident’s cause. We may even hire experts to shed light on your accident’s facts.
- Determine fault and liability. We may know that the drunk driver is at fault. We’ll determine if any additional parties owe you compensation.
- Calculate your losses: Determining the cost of your losses requires careful math. Our firm knows how to calculate both your economic and non-economic damages.
- Negotiate a settlement: This is when we present your case to insurance companies. We will explain why you deserve a settlement, and we won’t back down. If we don’t settle, we may help you in considering taking your case to trial.
Our drunk driving accident lawyer will also protect you from anyone who would violate your rights.
Birmingham Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-562-0000
We’re Ready to Pursue These Accident-Related Losses on Your Behalf
We will pursue a settlement that covers each of your accident-related damages, such as:
- Medical expenses: Your injuries may require hospitalization, emergency care, follow-up care, rehabilitation, and other treatment. We’ll aim to cover all of your necessary medical care.
- Pain and suffering: Emotional anguish, psychological harm, injury pain, lost sleep, lost quality of life, depression, and other trauma may qualify as pain and suffering.
- Property damage: This accounts for any repairs your vehicle needs. If your car was totaled, compensation could help you get a new one.
- Lost income: We’ll seek coverage of any income you lose while injured. This includes permanent loss of income resulting from a disability.
- Lost earning power: If your ability to earn declines after your accident, we’ll seek coverage for your lost earning power.
Fatal accidents can cause these and other losses. For instance, a successful wrongful death case can cover funeral expenses, lost companionship, lost parental guidance, and other damages.
What Should You Do After Your Drunk Driving Accident in Birmingham?
You can directly impact the outcome of your case by:
Seeking Medical Care
The first thing you should do after a collision is to seek medical care. Even if you’ve already received medical treatment, consider seeking further care. You want to be sure that your doctor conducts a thorough examination. You should also obtain documentation of your treatment. This includes any specific injuries that the doctor diagnoses.
Medical care is about protecting your health and addressing recovery. It is also essential to any insurance claim or lawsuit that you bring. Documentation of medical care can prove that your injuries are, in fact, drunk driving accident-related.
Limiting Your Social Media Use
The claims adjuster will look for any reason to contest your case and minimize your compensation. This may include scouring your social media pages for incriminating information. For instance, the claims adjuster may see a picture of you at a friend’s party and argue that your injuries aren’t as severe as you claim.
You can still peruse social media while your case unfolds. Yet, we discourage you from actively posting.
Writing Down Your Version of Events
Your testimony holds considerable weight during negotiations. By writing down what you remember before, during, and after the accident, you help your lawyer get a “clear picture” of what happened.
A drunk driving accident lawyer from Cory Watson Attorneys is ready to assist you. Our team has significant experience with accident cases in Birmingham. We’ll start your case as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Legal Help from Cory Watson Attorneys Today—We Offer Free Case Reviews
Completing an insurance claim or lawsuit in Birmingham isn’t easy. Yet, our firm knows how to complete cases like yours successfully. We have recovered more than $3 billion for our clients. A drunk driving accident lawyer from our team will protect your rights and fight for justice.
Call Cory Watson Attorneys today for your free consultation.