Andrew S. Herring
Andrew S. Herring has long supported victims who are suffering through no fault of their own.
As a teenager and college student, Drew built houses for Habitat for Humanity and served on medical mission trips to Central America. Since 2011, he has served with PAR Disaster Relief, which provides emergency response services to victims of natural disasters.
This selfless commitment to service has strongly influenced Drew’s legal career.
Drew Herring was born and raised in Huntsville, Alabama. He attended Lipscomb University, graduating with honors before going on to earn his Juris Doctorate degree from the Cumberland School of Law.
Prior to joining Cory Watson Attorneys, he represented victims of abusive debt collection practices at the hands of one of the largest banks in the world. Drew then served as a state prosecutor for over four years and obtained justice for victims of crime in hundreds of cases. He also served as chief appellate and ethics counsel for the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.
As an associate attorney at Cory Watson, Andrew S. Herring continues to fight for victims who are injured by defective products, reckless companies, and the negligence of others.
Outside of the office, he proudly supports community outreach and service organizations including the Crisis Center, PAR Disaster Relief, and the Birmingham Bar Foundation.
Drew and his wife enjoy tackling do-it-yourself projects over the weekend and reside in Vestavia Hills with their two active border collies, Wyatt and Fin. They welcomed their first child, a boy named Landrum Scott Herring, in 2018.
- Alabama State Bar
- Tennessee State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
HONORS, AWARDS, & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star 2016-2019
- Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board
- Cumberland Law Review
- Cumberland School of Law, Dean’s List
- Cumberland School of Law, Scholar of Merit
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., cum laude
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, M.P.H.
- Lipscomb University, B.S., cum laude